Notices

what would you buy?

Old 02-15-2005, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what would you buy?

thanks guys. the top gun is beautiful but uot of my range. trying to stay around 90000. cigs are kinda what i was thinking. going to mexico for a week so i will keep you posted when i get back. i live in mi and boat on lake huron and st clair. thanks again

mark
Old 02-15-2005, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Check my signature . Top Gun in your price range.

LS JR.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Buy what YOU want. Be sure to post pics, we love pics!
Old 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Depends on what you want in a boat.

Go look at them, and test drive them.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nytm,
Last year before I picked up an '01 382 Formula, I lookd at a '98 382 in Florida. Original owner boat. He lives in Fort Wayne. If your interested, I think he's in your price range. He hasn't marketed the boat. I found out through a mutual friend that he was interested. It has the aspirated 500's, no trailer and if I remember correctly around 200 plus hours. Shelf kept. Let me know and I'll get his number for you if your interested. It's a good deal!
Old 02-18-2005, 05:39 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cig!...They will hold some value.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What is most imporant? Looks, Quality, speed, comfort features, name?

Cigarette is obviously a legend. You'll pay more for the name. Great quality, good speed, maybe a little less on the creature features and comfort. Built to last and can take a beating.

Formula - You'll get the most creature comforts and more bang for your buck in the Formula IMO. Those goodies weigh the thing down plus the hull and X dimensions will not be aggresive so you sacrafice speed for comfort, handling and safety. Built to last and can take a beating. I'm biased but I think that Formulas are absolutely the best boat for the money (we're not talking OuterLimits, untra high end money are we?). I'd still rather have a Cig than a Formula for the looks, name and resell value.

Fountain - Fountains are definitely fast. Aggressive steps and X dimensions. Lighter weight. Want to go as fast as possible with a given power combination? Fountain is for you. Less creature cfeatures and comfort and a smaller boat. Compare a 38 Fountain to a 35 Cig. The Cig feels bigger. That extra speed comes at a price. Ever notice how many of the boats that have spun out are Fountains? Ever wonder why?

Scarabs - A lot of bang for your buck. Nice boats. I don't think the quality is on par with Fountain and Cigarette. JMO.

Don't know much about the PowerQuest and didn't want to start naming a hundred other boat manufactures. You could: Nordic, Nor Tech, Power Play, Sonic, Hustler, etc., etc., etc.

Test drive them. They all have a different feel. I wanted a Fountain until I had a chance to ride in one. It just didn't feel as safe as the Formula.