If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    419 formula
    East China MI

Re: what would you buy?

thanks guys. the top gun is beautiful but uot of my range. trying to stay around 90000. cigs are kinda what i was thinking. going to mexico for a week so i will keep you posted when i get back. i live in mi and boat on lake huron and st clair. thanks again

VIP Member VIP Member lucky strike's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Using LS-3's boat
    Pompano Beach, Florida

Check my signature . Top Gun in your price range.

LS JR.

My Boats:
    29' FOUNTAIN 525SC
    Washington, IL

Buy what YOU want. Be sure to post pics, we love pics!
    You can always retake a class, but you can never relive a party.

Platinum Member Platinum Member CAP071's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
    Depends on what you want in a boat.

Go look at them, and test drive them.

Last year before I picked up an '01 382 Formula, I lookd at a '98 382 in Florida. Original owner boat. He lives in Fort Wayne. If your interested, I think he's in your price range. He hasn't marketed the boat. I found out through a mutual friend that he was interested. It has the aspirated 500's, no trailer and if I remember correctly around 200 plus hours. Shelf kept. Let me know and I'll get his number for you if your interested. It's a good deal!

Registered Platinum Member
    atlantic city, NJ

Cig!...They will hold some value.

My Boats:
    2002 Formula 400 SS twin 500EFIs
    San Antonio, TX

What is most imporant? Looks, Quality, speed, comfort features, name?

Cigarette is obviously a legend. You'll pay more for the name. Great quality, good speed, maybe a little less on the creature features and comfort. Built to last and can take a beating.

Formula - You'll get the most creature comforts and more bang for your buck in the Formula IMO. Those goodies weigh the thing down plus the hull and X dimensions will not be aggresive so you sacrafice speed for comfort, handling and safety. Built to last and can take a beating. I'm biased but I think that Formulas are absolutely the best boat for the money (we're not talking OuterLimits, untra high end money are we?). I'd still rather have a Cig than a Formula for the looks, name and resell value.

Fountain - Fountains are definitely fast. Aggressive steps and X dimensions. Lighter weight. Want to go as fast as possible with a given power combination? Fountain is for you. Less creature cfeatures and comfort and a smaller boat. Compare a 38 Fountain to a 35 Cig. The Cig feels bigger. That extra speed comes at a price. Ever notice how many of the boats that have spun out are Fountains? Ever wonder why?

Scarabs - A lot of bang for your buck. Nice boats. I don't think the quality is on par with Fountain and Cigarette. JMO.

Don't know much about the PowerQuest and didn't want to start naming a hundred other boat manufactures. You could: Nordic, Nor Tech, Power Play, Sonic, Hustler, etc., etc., etc.

Test drive them. They all have a different feel. I wanted a Fountain until I had a chance to ride in one. It just didn't feel as safe as the Formula.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123