Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A word about Lip-Ship Marine..... >

A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Notices

A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Old 02-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Originally Posted by pm203
Phil is not like that.He will always try to sell you the boat you want,not the one he wants to sell.Also,he never will mislead you just to make a sale.If he doesnt like a boat for what ever reason,he wont sell it.Furthermore,he tells it like it is,whether you like it or not.

I have been trying to get Philly to tell me like it is, but he won't respond. All I asked him to do was backup his words with proof..
Old 02-14-2005, 09:55 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

I have never purchased a boat from Phil. Actually, I have never purchased a boat period, but that's besides the point. I was unceremoniously dumped into Phil's office a few weeks ago while my "host" took care of some bidness at TNT next door. Knowing there was zero chance I was buying anything, Phil, nonetheless, was an incredibly gracious host and storyteller. He could have very easily given me the short shift as a phknlwyr merely taking up space. Instead, he was a great guy to hang out with and gave me his full attention. If and when my girls are schooled, married, and out of my hair, oh maybe 25 years from now, Phil, I'm coming back to you with cash in hand for something long, loud, and fast!

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher
Old 02-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette
I have been trying to get Philly to tell me like it is, but he won't respond. All I asked him to do was backup his words with proof..
Cigarette,
What Lip-Ship boat are we talking about?was it ever on his website?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
I have never purchased a boat from Phil. Actually, I have never purchased a boat period, but that's besides the point. I was unceremoniously dumped into Phil's office a few weeks ago while my "host" took care of some bidness at TNT next door. Knowing there was zero chance I was buying anything, Phil, nonetheless, was an incredibly gracious host and storyteller. He could have very easily given me the short shift as a phknlwyr merely taking up space. Instead, he was a great guy to hang out with and gave me his full attention. If and when my girls are schooled, married, and out of my hair, oh maybe 25 years from now, Phil, I'm coming back to you with cash in hand for something long, loud, and fast!

that would tell me you will be buying a cigarette, you told me you were not impressed by them.... make your mind up boy... mini van or top gun...
Old 02-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stecz20
that would tell me you will be buying a cigarette, you told me you were not impressed by them.... make your mind up boy... mini van or top gun...
Don't you want Kevin to put your kids through college first?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Phknlwyr
25 years ..youll be limited to a sailboat or a hydrogen powered pontoon
Old 02-14-2005, 10:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Don't you want Kevin to put your kids through college first?
good point buddy, the ivy leagues are big bucks these days.. thanks for looking out old fella... stecz
Old 02-14-2005, 10:17 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

If your in business long enough some conflict might arise. There is two sides to every story.

If you haven't dealt with him Pantera I'd refrain from passing judgement...

I've said this before and stand by this;

Phil is unequivocally the best gentlemen to deal with regarding Cigarette's and I would dare say boats in general.

My experience is that he is black and white and does not suffer fools a whole lot. If you approach him I would make a point to do so when you are ready to buy and write the check if he quotes you a price you are comfortable with.

He has never misled me, always treated me as well as I expect and has an enormous amount of knowledge in performance boating. His whole team is just as serviceable also namely Mauricio and his crew and the lovely Venessa.

And I'm just a pipskweek that bought a used boat from him... If someone wants their butt kissed I would steer very clear from Phil however.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
If your in business long enough some conflict might arise. There is two sides to every story.

If you haven't dealt with him Pantera I'd refrain from passing judgement...

I've said this before and stand by this;

Phil is unequivocally the best gentlemen to deal with regarding Cigarette's and I would dare say boats in general.

My experience is that he is black and white and does not suffer fools a whole lot. If you approach him I would make a point to do so when you are ready to buy and write the check if he quotes you a price you are comfortable with.

He has never misled me, always treated me as well as I expect and has an enormous amount of knowledge in performance boating. His whole team is just as serviceable also namely Mauricio and his crew and the lovely Venessa.

And I'm just a pipskweek that bought a used boat from him... If someone wants their butt kissed I would steer very clear from Phil however.
Maybe you should read what ive said again .. As I stated
Dont know him , never dealt with him , and have heard nothing but good about him ...
Old 02-14-2005, 10:31 PM
OffshoreOnly Antagonizer
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stecz20
When I personally saw the dash in a friend's Gladiator peeling apart soon after it was delivered, I had to question the quality of the product. The people at Cigarette, however, were terrific. Now juxtapose that with PP, where you get a rock solid product and a complete schmuck in charge. Go figure.

Stecz, Packin actually questioned whether OMD were yours and if Jill was your ex. Either he has sh!t for brains (most likely) or your rhetoric as Mr. W has people confused. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when he asked me the question.

-Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher

Quick Reply: A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.