Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A word about Lip-Ship Marine..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96536-word-about-lip-ship-marine.html)

CMG 02-15-2005 02:37 PM

Re: A word about Lip-Ship Marine.....

Originally Posted by SLEEPER
Boy that really sounds like somebody I would want to buy a boat from. It's easy to take other people's toys out and beat on them when you're the one sending out the bills, not the one paying them. Tank, glad you had a good experience/time but I just feel sorry for the owner of the boat. ........

Its not fine china, its an offshore boat. Did you marry your wife before you banged her?? ask her ex permission?? didn't think so :D

pm203 02-15-2005 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Brad
I think this is debatable! I would put Dave Hunters work up against anyone’s graphics/paint and there is a guy name Tres Martin that knows a few things about Cigarettes rigging and set-up..

You are right on that one.It is all personal preference.Dave Hunter has got alot better recently and has done some great looking boats.

Audiofn 02-15-2005 03:06 PM

I could get a better view of the steak by sticking my head up the bulls azz but I would rather take the butchers word..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Audiofn 02-15-2005 03:07 PM

Tank lets get this one thing straite!!!! He did all that for Kelly NOT YOU :D:D

Hey when I come back out there can I have a ride :D:D

stecz20 02-15-2005 03:10 PM

my buddy sleeper making friends all over the place.. sleeper your a putz. mind your business, we could care less what you have to say. go over to speed wake, im sure they will love you over there.

Audiofn 02-15-2005 03:11 PM

One of the best trips that I have ever had was when Biggus and I went down to Phills towing Spine Tickler. He took great care of us and even though it was not our boat treated us very well. That was the trip that was the begining of the end for Biggus, and it was the boats in the shop that got kurt thinking one thing....... "My wife says that if I get a job when I get home I can buy a Top Gun" I still hear it every time that I think of that trip and Phills place. We had a blast, were well taken care of and we some his crew do some real quality work. From what I understand he just did some work on a friend of mines boat and it is I am sure going to be as good as new. No doubt about it that he knows what he is talking about.

Jon

stecz20 02-15-2005 03:25 PM

plain and simple we go with the people that make an impression on us, or go out of their way to make us feel comfortable with the sale or work being done. im with the martins. everything involved with my cafe racer has been a great experience, from the silly questions, to the sea trail, from glen martin to tres and jacky. no matter who you call for whatever reason its nothing but help for anything you need. when you dont get the martins on the phone, you get get scott smith or craig barrie. those guys know one or two things about boats.
the sad thing is the re not very many good people left in the business. we are the ones lucky enough to have equipment taken care of by people like the martins, and phil. we might pay a little more than others but peace of mind and not missing much of the summer is whats important to me.

cuda 02-15-2005 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I could get a better view of the steak by sticking my head up the bulls azz but I would rather take the butchers word..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's funny! :)

cuda 02-15-2005 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by BROWNIE
I've known Philly since he was a kid. I don't think there is a straighter, nicer guy in the business than Phil. Look at it this way; if Joe Blow had a boat for sale that you knew was tainted for some reason and a customer asked about it, would you bad-mouth the boat, or try to steer him to something better. Phil is probably better able to pick a boat for the average guy than the average guy is!

That's a good enough endorsement for me.

Audiofn 02-15-2005 03:31 PM

Cude that is from Tommy Boy. If you have never seen it you should rent it. I laughed my azz off the entire movie.

Jon