Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA Offshore membership (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96684-apba-offshore-membership.html)

gdfatha 02-16-2005 04:45 PM

APBA Offshore membership

I try in my small way to support APBA and APBA Offshore by purchasing a membership card (non-racing/fan). :D

I recently went to purchase an APBA Offshore fan/non racing membership, but a nonracing membership cost $100.00 :mad:

What in the world do I get for the $100.00???? :evilb:

ScottB 02-16-2005 04:54 PM

Re: APBA Offshore membership

It is a lot of $, each of my crew had to pay. What you do get is a subscription to Propeller magazine and you get wrist bands at the races to get into all areas including wet pits. In events like key west where it is $15 bucks per day, you don't pay. You also get e-mail notification with regard to all APBA happenings in all regions and all levels from runabouts to inboards and offshore.

Formula Outlaw 02-16-2005 05:44 PM

I'll pass.

dhlaw 02-16-2005 05:46 PM

And that will now translate into the best venues, the biggest boat turnouts and the some great racing. $100 is a small price to pay to get an insiders view......

Ryan Beckley 02-16-2005 05:56 PM

If you buy it now it will have to re uped before KW as the year is over Nov 1.

gdfatha 02-16-2005 06:36 PM

I already have a APBA membership for 2005 and I do get propeller mag.

I had BOTH an APBA (regular??) membership last year and a APBA OFFSHORE membership (both nonracing/fan) I never got any wrist band or anything special from either group other than one copy/month of Propeller.

Most dry pits are free but wet pits are a hassle/$$$ to get into.
However at Key West Worlds last year 2004 I just stated that I had signed a waiver and was allowed to roam even where KLAATU was not permitted. :drink:

I have never (past 4 years) got any special band from APBA Offshore and still had to pay to get into the venues.

Even tough I'm retired I don't mind supporting(barely) both the orgs but I was just curious where/what my $ 100 went to/got me.

And I still pay for the additional $$$ to get into the best viewing/photo areas so I can post my photos.

Just curious...

Thanks for the ear/eyes/opinions

ScottB 02-16-2005 09:28 PM

At races, flash your card at registration and you'll get the wrist band.
If you are already an APBA member, your only added benefit will be the band wich will get you in the Hot Pits. In my opinion, You should actually not have to pay a dime and be let in anywhere considering what you do for us and the sport

fountain1fan 02-16-2005 11:27 PM

sbi fountain no band no membership go any where you wount to . i was going to buy a apba memb but for a $100 i said i'll pass . not enought goes with it .

AugiePensa 02-17-2005 06:33 AM

Marc, I'll get you where ever you want!

gdfatha 02-17-2005 09:50 AM

Thanks to all..

I didn't mean this to be so personal but was indeed curious. Another thing to think about ..will they now have another card for the WPR??

thanks for offers and feedback...