Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96727-trip-detroit-area-look-top-gun.html)

dockrocker 02-24-2005 11:10 AM

Re: Trip to Detroit area to look at a Top Gun

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
It did sell??? Does anybody know the real deal??????

Hmmm... I have to admit to being a little curious, so I gave them a call today. According to Scott, the sales guy I talked to, it apparently *is* available, for $65-66K, no trailer. "Well well well above average" condition. Special ordered with Bravos behind 502's (was told these motors were the originals that had been rebuilt/upgraded). And was told it is a Kevlar boat.

Oh, "lots of activity, lots of offers" on this boat.

So there ya have it.

mkramer 02-24-2005 05:40 PM

I think their milking everyone.....trying to get more money.

Great way to do business...... :(

Scott 02-24-2005 05:53 PM

I have read this thread from the beginning and can't take it anymore!

I see the original owner just about every week at a place I hang out at. I do not talk to him knowing this has to be very embarrassing but I am friends with his roommate that went through all of this with him. He actually had it on his business lot when the repo men cut the locks on the gate and took the boat. So lets put this to rest :cool:

Please list all of your questions I will get the answers and post them on Monday. There is just way too much bull#@$ flying around from the dealer, who knows what I may find out but at least it will be the truth. :cool:

Interceptor 02-25-2005 10:52 AM

Scott,
I think the following would help :

What everyone wonders -
Engines history including modifications ?
Drives history, new, rebuilt, repainted ?
Any known water intrusion in hull ?
Hull construction, conventional or Kevlar ?
ex-race boat or not ?

What we've beat to death -
Sparse outdated cabin
Dash needs update
Seating and sunpad need update
Hull looks very good actually and is probably a fair representation of a nice 1990 hull.
If the boat was mechanically sound and I were to buy the boat it would require a complete cabin redo, repainting of the dash area, gage upgrade, electronic upgrade and seating redo. I also know that work represents thousands not hundreds of dollars. Thats why I'm thinking it is a 50K boat to me.

I agree this has been a mess and feel for the previous owner.
I also do not understand the seller. The boat was on EBay twice and listed nationally. He seems to be playing a game with the price he wants. I'm guessing he is holding out until spring thinking he'll get more money as the weather improves.

ed

mkramer 02-25-2005 06:04 PM

Got another email today......

They took a 10k deposit on 68k for the boat. Giving the buyer 45 days to get approved financing.

However, in the deal it is written that if they get an offer of 66k they can sell it to another buyer and refund the 10k to the original buyer.

How's that for a deal??????

lakeluvr 02-27-2005 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mkramer
Got another email today......

They took a 10k deposit on 68k for the boat. Giving the buyer 45 days to get approved financing.

However, in the deal it is written that if they get an offer of 66k they can sell it to another buyer and refund the 10k to the original buyer.

How's that for a deal??????

Can this be for real??? Wow did they find a sucker for this one. Contract for 68K but will sell it to someone else for 66K??? And the plot thickens. Geez.

mkramer 02-27-2005 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by lakeluvr
Can this be for real??? Wow did they find a sucker for this one. Contract for 68K but will sell it to someone else for 66K??? And the plot thickens. Geez.

I still got the email......I don't know if it is for real or not. That's just what they are telling me.

When I told them what I thought the boat was worth, they responded that all 1990 38 guns are listed for 100k....I responded....That's why there still for sale.

They also said the reason there writing mulitple contracts on this boat is because it is so HOT.....They get alot of calls everyday on it.

Good luck to the buyer.......

Scott 02-27-2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by mkramer
I still got the email......I don't know if it is for real or not. That's just what they are telling me.

When I told them what I thought the boat was worth, they responded that all 1990 38 guns are listed for 100k....I responded....That's why there still for sale.

They also said the reason there writing mulitple contracts on this boat is because it is so HOT.....They get alot of calls everyday on it.

Good luck to the buyer.......

I'm sure they had a lot of calls It's all of you guys :D

I did not run into the previous owner this weekend and I did not see my friend so I'll report back when I do. If anyone really wants to make a deal with these jokers let me know and I'll call and get the actual boat info right away.

aero-offshore 02-28-2005 04:37 PM

If somebody wanted it and walked up there with 55,000.00 cash I bet they would take it.

Interceptor 02-28-2005 04:51 PM

I drove by the showroom yesterday. The boat was still there but the platform and ladder used to get aboard were not alongside the boat. Whatever that means.

ed