Notices

Looking for carpet

Old 02-17-2005, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for carpet

Looking to get a new carpet made for my cockpit any suggestions on who does good work and where they would be located? I live in ILL if there is any around here.
Thanks Rich.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:41 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Default Re: Looking for carpet

Go to the website for R & R textiles.
http://www.rrtextiles.com/

If you feel comfortable making a pattern of your floor you can send it to them and they make up a nice thick, plushy carpet with a nice rubber backing requiring no snaps. All bound and done, all you do is drop it in. Looks great. Thats who we use for all of our carpet jobs. On their site is info about how to go about it.

Good luck,
John
Sunrise Upholstery
Old 02-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Registered

What size PQ are you looking to carpet? And what color are you looking for? I've got the factory carpet out of a 99 34ft Vyper(green) if it helps.
Also have the factory vinyl green cockpit cover for the same boat.

Nick
Old 02-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I had Snap in make one for my 380. The original factory carpet had a horrible fit around the bolster legs and the color was nasty.
I took tape and went around my old carpet marking areas to add or remove material this was not easy on him and I was surprised how well it came out. It cost around 400.00 for a nice plush purple that fits my boat perfectly.Snap In

BTW I never installed the snaps it was heavy enough to lay down with out them.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

lakeluvr
Thanks for the heads up I'll look into them.

Slick02
It is a 38 with purple int. What color is the cockpit cover, and is it for a fairing?

Scott
Sounds good. Did you send them your old carpet with the changes or just measure it for them?
Scott is that your carpet on ther web site? If it is I might be in luck for measurments. That would be nice

Thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited by PWRQWST; 02-18-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

MATWORKS in Alpharetta, Ga. 770-663-0042. They can make any size or shape that you want, they have a wide array of colors and can custom embroider anything you want on the carpet. They a special, neoprene back carpet that will not move in the cockpit even without snaps. They also make a "boarding" mat for your boat with the name on it also. They are at the Miami show now, so there might be a little delay.

Robert
Old 02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PWRQWST
lakeluvr
Thanks for the heads up I'll look into them.

Slick02
It is a 38 with purple int. What color is the cockpit cover, and is it for a fairing?

Scott
Sounds good. Did you send them your old carpet with the changes or just measure it for them?
Scott is that your carpet on ther web site? If it is I might be in luck for measurments. That would be nice

Thanks everyone for the help.
No its not but I'm sure we could figure something out. I may even have my old carpet still taped up with the changes, if you walked in with that his head would spin all the way around
I will be more than happy to work with you on old/new patterns just let me know.
BTW I do make it through the area from time to time if this helps.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scott
I had Snap in make one for my 380. The original factory carpet had a horrible fit around the bolster legs and the color was nasty.
I took tape and went around my old carpet marking areas to add or remove material this was not easy on him and I was surprised how well it came out. It cost around 400.00 for a nice plush purple that fits my boat perfectly.Snap In

BTW I never installed the snaps it was heavy enough to lay down with out them.

Me too. Got mine last year and they did a beautiful job and I had it back in a week and a half from when I shipped my old one to them
Old 02-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Speed is everything
Gold Member

There is a guy here in Quincy,IL that I got my carpet for my 252 Baja from. He made the template and bound the carpet. 40oz rubber back for only 175.00. It is nicer than most factory carpet I have seen.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Looking for carpet

Second for Matworks. I had some challenges getting it right the first time with Matworks. They had to do it over. But, the final finished product was perfect. They also have great prices and a lightning fast turn around time. Just be sure that the template is dead accurate. They can send you a kit to make a template and sample carpets. Just give them a call.

Brent Ford

Quick Reply: Looking for carpet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.