Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   '05 Miami show (my take) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96912-05-miami-show-my-take.html)

bluellama 02-22-2005 01:19 PM

Re: '05 Miami show (my take)

Thanks Sellsman, I was pretty sure that was the number, but I didn't want to overstate it.....

DoTheMath 02-22-2005 01:31 PM

No offense to you Donzi boys (I also own an 18 Classic) but the only thing overstated on the 38 ZR at the show was the price!! :(

DollaBill 02-22-2005 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
So, wanted to give a big thanks to Craig for the Thurs. night gig, what a blast! Got to put even more faces with names this year. To name a few, Ed Cozzi, nice to finally meet you, hope you got your check on Friday! ;o) Lucky Sr. & Jr. - class acts, thanks for the door duty Jr.! Biggus - your right up the road from me and I had to go all the way to SoBe to meet you, good talkin' to you!

On to the show... I have a ton of pics, but the camera is in Cali., as soon as I get them emailed, I'll post. What was impressive? Booth-wise, you couldn't argue with Cig. great boats and sweet honeys in little bathing suits for deck ornaments!! :eek: NorTech, by far had the best boats and best "values", relatively speaking. The new 39V was my fav. of the show, deep-azz cockpit, awesome dash and really nice bolsters!! If I was shopping - for myself - at the show, it would be that with TMP 650's - no question! They (NorTech) had a 43 cat w/ 1075's and a TAOD $70k+ paint job for about $780k, conversely - Donzi had a 38ZR w/ 1075's for the same money!! What is wrong with that picture? No offense to the Donzi guys, but I can't see a 38 ZR going for that much dough, when you could get a NorTech that's more in every respect for the same money!?

The MTI booth was cool, Speed Racer was awesome! OL had a 51' as did Hustler, both awesome! Concept was great - their 30 was really nice, w/ 250 Verados it will run just about 70 mph for a tick over $100k, great workmanship and an awesome value! Sunseeker was sweet, one of the guys I was with almost pulled the trigger on the new 35' they had - (so close) ;) All the "custom" builders were really nice to talk with, (the production guys - like Fountain and Formula - not so much, kind of a disappointment :rolleyes: ) I guess when you have the ego and market share, it gets in the way of salesmanship!?

Overall, a great show and a lot of fun! Should have the pics later today and will post then.

-Mark-

half the Fountain guys are cool, the other half that were there were numbnuts. You should have heard some of the crap they were throwing at customers! You must have run into one of the idiots. Sorry I missed you.

GLH 02-22-2005 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by craig223

A 38 Donzi that costs $775k should break the sound barrier without using the afterburners and knock out F-16's in a dogfight.

cbdragon 02-22-2005 04:38 PM

I don't think you can break the sound barrier on the water....can you? cb

GLH 02-22-2005 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by cbdragon
I don't think you can break the sound barrier on the water....can you? cb

For that kind of flash that Donzi should fly.

DoTheMath 02-23-2005 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
half the Fountain guys are cool, the other half that were there were numbnuts. You should have heard some of the crap they were throwing at customers! You must have run into one of the idiots. Sorry I missed you.

Thanks, guess I did (try) and talk to the wrong people, cuz I walked out as fast as I walked in. :rolleyes: Have to admit - not really a fan, but that 42 PR was sweet!!