Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...) >

For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)

Notices

For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)

Old 02-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)

Originally Posted by Audiofn
It is hard to turn the corner and start to put them back together again. That is why guys like me and TooOld have been out of the water for so long
I am just really impressed with the speed he has attacked this thing. When he came over, I was really impressed with how thorough this guy was in going over the boat. I had the boat for 5 yrs and he found stuff I didn't. He is meticulous for details. he is going to have a NICE boat when he is done.

Originally Posted by mama tryed
KaamaScab30,,,

Have you already bought another Boat or what??? Tracey sd all along that you look to her, like a Sea-Ray Cruiser type of Guy. I sd "OK Dear whatever, grab me another Cold one, while your up"

Beak? OL? another Scarab? Top-Gun?? Gibson? Bayliner?
Been looking for twin OB cats in the 30' range. Tell Tracey if 100mph doesn't blow her bikini top off, I am gonna have to resort to other measures.
Old 02-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
Been looking for twin OB cats in the 30' range. Tell Tracey if 100mph doesn't blow her bikini top off, I am gonna have to resort to other measures.
OK,,,,She's Game!!!!
Old 02-24-2005, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you start a project on a boat there are certain "laws of physics" that apply:

No matter how much time you allot for it, it will take at least five times longer.

No matter how much money you plan on spending, it will take at least five times as much.

When you start to do something, there are always other things you must do first.

And just when you think you've got it at the end of the tunnel, the tunnel magically gets longer and you've still got more to do.

On Jan 2, 04, I started out to just change over to Racorp fuel/water seperators because I was getting condensation water through the stock Merc units into the carb bowls causing the starboard engine to stall out when "bouncing around" on the waves. I'd stop, shut the motor down for 45 seconds, restart it, ran fine, until the next set of waves. Repeat process.

Of course the Racorp units wouldn't fit in the stock location cause they are longer, they hit the fuel pump. So I had four custom stainless couplings made up at the local machine shop for two hundred bucks, threaded those onto the posts that the fuel/water seperator bracket bolted to, then bolted the brackets up at the end of the spacers. Worked great. Then noticed rusty water starting to drip down the side of the risers. That resulted in the removal of stock Merc exhaust system and went with an EMI Thunder aluminum unit. That resulted in custom alumin billet spacers having to be made up cause the angle of the water outlet on the EMI riser was steeper than the stock Merc unit and I had to raise them to get it to match up with the stock transom holes. Decided to removed the Silent Thunder box/swim platform on the back of the Formula. Went with Stainless Marine tips with the "superflapper" inside. All parts courtsey of Too Old. (shameless plug here, best guy ever). Then had to fill transom holes where box had bolted through the transom, plus have to wetsand back of transom to remove paint and the outline. Two bolts broke removing the starboard manifold so had to pull motor out of boat to get to them properly. Installing the wet exhaust hose the inside two hit the Halon canister so had to relocate that. Oh yeah, spark plugs, new belts, and bunches of other little things I've forgotten about. Rewired entire trailer with all new LED lighting and added three additional side marker lights each side to bright up the night. Repainted the Bravo "lowers" silver. All in all what started out to be a simple fuel/water seperator change over, ended up in a 400 plus hour project.

So 379 days later, per the "Cuda Count" I am trailer queen no more.

Here are two pix showing the "before and after".
Attached Thumbnails For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)-outlawwhitetwo-001.jpg   For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)-marvistarun-004-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 02-24-2005 at 07:03 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:55 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mama tryed
OK,,,,She's Game!!!!
Can I be part of the team? All in the name of science of course
Old 02-24-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Can I be part of the team? All in the name of science of course
before I say yes or no,,, truthfully, does your Boat still look like this?
Attached Thumbnails For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)-untitled.bmp  
Old 02-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Dude Mitcher T called me up telling me how bad azz that paint job was
Old 02-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Registered

Dude Mitcher T called me up telling me how bad azz that paint job was

Yea,,I hear ya!!!!! I found a sweet ride for Kaamascab30 worth the money!!
Attached Thumbnails For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)-gr57_speedqueen.jpg   For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)-thumb_d23f7d59d1175f46003dcd27968fb896.jpg  
Old 02-27-2005, 02:50 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

hehe hey trailer queens

you know my boat is even running. And jon as i recall didn;t we start our projects at right about the same time? :P
Old 02-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Yes we did. However I painted my boat then used it for a season then took it back off line because I could not stand that every time I went out I was wondering about this or that....... SO techincally my boat has more water time in it then yours over the last three years
Old 02-27-2005, 12:55 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

ha, yeha you do have me o that one. i think i put mayeb 3 hours on it last summer.

Quick Reply: For the trailer queen owners... (Fred and Jon, this means you...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.