Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How great a forum is OSO?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96933-how-great-forum-oso.html)

Pantera1 02-21-2005 06:03 PM

Re: How great a forum is OSO??????

Originally Posted by traviss
I have never been into a yammi clutch. To me it sounds like its not backshifting fast enough, kinda hard to get the real deal from your post. Your saying you come out and nail it. It sits at 6500 for a wait.wait.wait then it bam it tachs up to 8000 and your gone? Or do you think its fuel related, like one of the carb circuts are clogged?

for the skidoos. They are lube free clutches. Worst thing you can do. The lube attracts all the belt dust and whatever else that will stick to it :eek:

Lube free clutches ..No such thing.lots of moving parts in a clutch and they work better with lube ..which all the manufacturers sell. When a clutch is spinning centrifigul force slings everything out and away ..nothing will stick to it
All the clutches on all the sleds are a similar design ..most are or have copied comet

Waterfoul 02-21-2005 06:12 PM

dude, read my lips:

THE MOTOR IS FINE. IT RUNS GREAT. IT'S THE CLUTCH OR CLUTCHES!!!!!!!

Pantera1 02-21-2005 06:16 PM

When clutches get a few miles on em the springs get weak ..Replace em ..If you want a more aggressive backshift get a clutch kit with heavier springs and correct wieghts ..Lube the buttons on the towers and the outside of the secondary helix .. :drink:

Waterfoul 02-21-2005 06:18 PM

You talking about the big springs on the front of the clutches or the small ones inside? I know very little about clutches.

Pantera1 02-21-2005 06:27 PM

The big main spring ..usualy a colored spring so you can tell what tension it is ..Thats the spring that forces the primary clutch to close ..Theres one in the secondary too but you usually cant see it .. Back shifting is done by those springs forcing the clutches to close ..IE weak spring = poor backshift :D

Wasabe 02-21-2005 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CAP071
Waterfoul go back and give them this from Me!

Here you go.

Waterfoul 02-21-2005 06:45 PM

I know the springs you speak of!!! And as I'm told by some sledders, they are not that hard to replace, and are relatively cheap.

Cord 02-21-2005 06:51 PM

Hmmm...I can't think of anybody with a Ski-doo and a clutch problem. Traviss, you know of anybody? :D

Pantera1 02-21-2005 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cord
Hmmm...I can't think of anybody with a Ski-doo and a clutch problem. Traviss, you know of anybody? :D

They dont have enough power to hurt a clutch :D :D

traviss 02-21-2005 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
for the record. Skidoo clutches are lube free. see following text from manual. There is no need to lube a skidoo primary or secondary clutch. I don't see why you would lube a clutch. It just attracts belt dust and other foreign materials.