Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How great a forum is OSO?????? >

How great a forum is OSO??????

Notices

How great a forum is OSO??????

Old 02-21-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How great a forum is OSO??????

Originally Posted by Pantera1
They dont have enough power to hurt a clutch

Typical Poo owner always pickin on better built sleds
Old 02-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Registered

foul, you have any black belt residue on the clutch sheaves? the Springs for the primary and secondary will probably only run ya about $40 for both of them. it might just be a good idea to change them. Or like pantera said, get a clutch kit, it will come with new springs and a few other things to make your yammi get up and goooo

so bored I polished my clutch cover, muffler and pipe today

Last edited by traviss; 02-21-2005 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Belt is brand new. Might have 100 miles on it. Bought it to see if it was the old belt causing my problems. New belt did no thelp.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont care what those instructions from your go cart say ..If you oil the ramps , buttons and weight pins and rollers your clutch will work better and last longer .You know im goofin on the brand thing ..I have a ski doo right outside , its completely disassembled but I doo have a doo..I had to buy a polaris to get me through the winter. Not a big fan of the cats though ..ive seen too many quality issues with them
Old 02-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lchornet
Guess you "missed" the new Mach Z
10 grand for a snowmobile is retarded ..Ill pass that thing all day long on most trails with a well tuned 500 snocross buggy
Old 02-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Foul...I think it's a "Doo" thing anyway. As you well know I raced and rode PWC heavily for about ten years. It consumed my life. I spent a lot of time on forums like yourself discussing products, craft, racing and so on. The Sea Doo people were wound a little tight on those forums also. I actually almost fell over laughing when I read your original post....it hit the nail on the head.

Like yourself, I was always on a Yamaha. Why you ask? Easy...reliability. Something the Doos weren't known for. Nothing made up, simple fact. The Doos made great HP but wouldn't last like a Kawi or a Yamaha. I would run 3-4 yrs on a race engine. Not something the Doo guys were doing in my classes.

I haven't read your link yet but I wanted to let you know it wasn't just something you noticed.

Buck
Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck183
Foul...I think it's a "Doo" thing anyway. As you well know I raced and rode PWC heavily for about ten years. It consumed my life. I spent a lot of time on forums like yourself discussing products, craft, racing and so on. The Sea Doo people were wound a little tight on those forums also. I actually almost fell over laughing when I read your original post....it hit the nail on the head.

Like yourself, I was always on a Yamaha. Why you ask? Easy...reliability. Something the Doos weren't known for. Nothing made up, simple fact. The Doos made great HP but wouldn't last like a Kawi or a Yamaha. I would run 3-4 yrs on a race engine. Not something the Doo guys were doing in my classes.

I haven't read your link yet but I wanted to let you know it wasn't just something you noticed.

Buck
Your right about rotax reliability .. theyve gotten alot better but in the 80's and 90's they blew up alot ..When I was riding sleds heavily polaris had the best suspension ,first with good ifs ..first with hydraulic brakes and had a big 600 triple .. Times have changed and the others have caught up ..But In my mind theres only one sled with US made reliable power...But ill thrash anything through the woods as long as im ridin
Old 02-22-2005, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lchornet
You said power, not trailability and the price is just nuts. Good luck finding one for only $10K. Most are at $11K. and I thought it was bad when my first new Doo cost $5K
They are sweet but the price is over the top.. The longer I ride the more I like a light sled..Ive gone from an 800 triple back to a 700 twin ..I took a 500 pro x for a ride a month ago and almost bought it ..Ya can toss that thing around and its got balls for a 500
Old 02-22-2005, 12:11 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

If you buy a Rev, get the 800, trust me. The 600 runs out of get-up-and-go pretty quick leaving you wanting more, more, more!!!
Old 02-22-2005, 12:13 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I hate Snowmobiles.

Everytime I hear about them..........it's winter.....and I hate.... winter.

T2x

Quick Reply: How great a forum is OSO??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.