GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition >

GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

Notices

GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

Old 02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

plus the 5.4l powerplant from ford is a fail save motor and produce 85% of it's troke at RPMs under 1400 when you need it to pull the boat out of the ramp.. witht eh chevy you'll be will ober 2500-3200 rps to match the power of ford
Old 02-21-2005, 06:43 PM
Registered

Here is a link to the article trailer I mentioned.... however, you'll have to find a magazine to get all the info.... but these are the 3 they compared...

http://www.pokerrunsamerica.com/articles/81suv.html
Old 02-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an '04 Expedition. I've never manually figured the mileage, but the trip computer consistently reads around 15-16. The truck definitely gets more around town use than highway.
Compare that to my old V-10 Excursion, where I averaged around 10 with the same use, and I'm pretty happy.
As for the comparison, I will never buy a GM vehicle again, so it was an easier choice for me. I'm not any kind of huge Ford fan either...it's more like a lesser of two evils kind of thing.
I really wanted to get a Toyota Sequoia to be perfectly honest, but price was way higher than the Ex. Plus, the Ex has some features I like that the Toyota doesn't. One in particular is the third row seats that fold flat into the floor.
These days, I almost never tow anything, so that's not presently a concern. I have yet to tow a thing with this truck - can't tell you how it does.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Registered

I see the GMC advertised at $8000 off sticker often. The 6.0L with 410 rear end has a tow rating of 9900 lbs. Nice ride.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Denali rides and drives better than any 4x4 Expedition. The 4x2 Expedition rides better than the 4x4.

Ford motor has a little more grunt right off the bottom. The Denali motor has lots more pull up in the revs. Neither is a dog.

Mileage sucks on both of them.
Older Expeditions required constant steering corrections on the interstate, new ones are much better in that regard.

If you tow over 6000 pounds, wheelbase is king. I believe the Exped has a little longer wheelbase, but I'm not sure, as I instantly vote XL/Suburban when it comes to towing.

Ford has better seats (IMO) and Denali has a better stereo (also IMO).

that's my spill
Old 02-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Registered

I think what you really need to do is drive both and decide for yourself. People that are loyal to fords are going to say ford, and people that like GM are going to say GM. I don't think you can go wrong either way. My .02
Old 02-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered

I've had them both ...Yukon , for sure
Old 02-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Registered

We have an 02 Denali and love it. We used to tow a 225br (~4500lbs) with an F150 then with the Denali.....by far the Denali is better. When we would tow long distances (300miles one way), we arrived and were not completely worn out. As stated above, we didn't even know the boat was back there most of the time. The Denali gets about 14-16 towing. I'd by another in a heart beat!
Attached Thumbnails GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition-delali-boat1.jpg   GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition-delali-boat2.jpg   GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition-delali-boat3.jpg  

Old 02-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Registered

Denali XL... wheelbase makes a HUGE difference.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wasabe
Not really. According to some surveys that were done on both there was a higher percentage rate of mechanical problems within the first 90 days of owning a Ford. It may be covered under warranty but the rental car isn't. The GMC is a much more relaiable car. It's more ergonomic and far more comfortable. If you do some research on the net you find that the GMC is better.
I guess all this high quality, comfort and reliability is the reason GM is now offering 0% for 60 months. Sounds like they are selling the value to me.

I do not have an opinion on either. But make sure you understand the perspective of the person from whom you get the opinion. Bulletin boards rarely provide that detail.