Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   May have to sell my new Formula 312 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/96947-may-have-sell-my-new-formula-312-a.html)

t500hps 02-22-2005 10:05 PM

Re: May have to sell my new Formula 312

Originally Posted by formuladude312
It has 454 mags with latham, I looked at buying that one before i bought my 01

I hope to work out something to keep it....things always seem to work out for me.
What power is in the 01 you have? drive ratio? props? speeds? other than speedo, I haven't gotten to see what mine will actually do. Shos 77 on speedo, but who knows.
I have 1.65 bravos w/ 30 pitch labbed props. Spins right up to 5,000 even on both motors.

obnoxus 02-22-2005 10:17 PM

Hope you get to keep her. Good looking boat !!!!!!

Gizmo 02-22-2005 11:30 PM

Gee dude, this story sux. I hope things work out for you and you get to keep the boat.

Btw - did you bid on a Garmin GPS on Ebay this past week? I bid against a t500hp. :D

mwdill 02-23-2005 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
No...Was sold new/ kept in Long Island and that's where I got it from. Isn't the one in SML still for sale???and have 454/310's.

have not seen it for a while,not sure if it sold,ithink it has mags in it.

t500hps 02-23-2005 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Gizmo
Gee dude, this story sux. I hope things work out for you and you get to keep the boat.

Btw - did you bid on a Garmin GPS on Ebay this past week? I bid against a t500hp. :D

YES!!!! Thanks alot!!
I ended up getting one on Sat. (and then got this news Monday) did you win? I was trying to get one of several. Ended up getting one that was "buy it now". It showed up yesterday and looks good so far.
Your in Chesterfield, what kinda boat do you run? Maybe I have seen you on the James.
Russ C.

Just looked at your profile......Do you keep your boat at small boat harbor? I believe there are 2 32 suns there. I had a 29 Sundancer that was for sale on a WAY too big trailer sitting in that lot this past summer. Also ran a 21 Chris Craft we trailered.

Sean H 02-23-2005 07:44 AM

really, where is gordo...... i think this is exactly what he was looking for...

DollaBill 02-23-2005 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by sellwaterfront
Not sure you can borrow on the equity. I have been trying to pull some cash out of my boat also paid for. The boat loan guys tell me they cant finance a boat I own outright unless I am going to put the money back into the boat. :mad:

My F&I dept did at least 10 of these last year. I can't see why they would not do this. My point is that 500 sounds like he has his financial act together and this would be a good solution.

He can keep the boat and pay a little interest for a year or so while he pays it off again. $1000 in interest is cheap compared to dumping the boat and taking a 5-10K hit.

t500hps 02-23-2005 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
My F&I dept did at least 10 of these last year. I can't see why they would not do this. My point is that 500 sounds like he has his financial act together and this would be a good solution.

He can keep the boat and pay a little interest for a year or so while he pays it off again. $1000 in interest is cheap compared to dumping the boat and taking a 5-10K hit.

Thanks for the "financial act together" comment...i try. I have considered doing this and still may. My concern is that this tax issue will continue for 10 years until the property is paid for. Then I will be is GOOD shape. I just don't want a loan to be a temporary solution to a long term problem. I earn a living on commission and am quite conservative with my money. The combination makes me cautious when facing new/ unknown debt.
I've probably jumped to gun....will be meeting with the accountant/ CPA next week to discuss.

formuladude312 02-23-2005 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
I hope to work out something to keep it....things always seem to work out for me.
What power is in the 01 you have? drive ratio? props? speeds? other than speedo, I haven't gotten to see what mine will actually do. Shos 77 on speedo, but who knows.
I have 1.65 bravos w/ 30 pitch labbed props. Spins right up to 5,000 even on both motors.

T500hps, I have 502 mag mpi's Labbed 30's bravo 1's by houston proppeller, 70.3 on built in garmin gps before labbing 74.6 after labbing :eek: :eek: was real pleased with darrins work, same drives as yours spinning at 5150 just below rev limiters my speedo shows like 78 its about 4 off from gps

I lake tested the exact same boat as yours at lake cumberland same graphics same year same pkg very nice boat, just could not agree on a price, If you can afford to keep it you will not be dissapointed, running low 70's stock all day long :cool: :cool:

t500hps 04-05-2005 11:45 AM

Formuladude312.....Are your props spinning in or out???

Just got the drives back and hope to test run this weekend. The boat was set up to run in, but have heard I should turn them out.