GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition >

GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

Notices

GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

Old 02-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Default GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

Does anyone have a opinion between these two trucks? They both will pull my 288 sunsation but I am worried about gas milage (I know, both are terrible) in the denali because it is a 6 litre with all wheel drive. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

They'll be close on milage espicially when towing but you will certainly have extra money left over if you buy the Ford.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Registered

IMO, the Denali would be worth the extra money. I don't think mileage should be a determining factor on which one to get, since you won't be towing all the time. Go with GMC, you won't be disappointed...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

My wife has an 01 Denali and gets 15 to 16 mpg all day long. I have the same motor in my 2500 HD and get 10 to 11. The AWD is great and the level ride is good for towing. The two don't compare, I have to drive my brother-in-laws Expedition some time and can't wait to get back into the Denali.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had both and would go with the Denali, hands down. I just pullled my boat 120 miles with an Expedition and it did the job but I think the Denali did it much better. I could go 80 with the Denali and not think anything of it but I didnt feel comfortable going over 75 in the Expedition.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks to everyone who has responded. The GMC dealer by my house has a leftover 04 that lists for 52,000 but is selling for 42,900. The salesman told me there was some room to go down. I know the manager at the Ford dealer who said he can give me great prices on the leftover 04 expeditons. Until I decide which one to buy, I really dont know what the actual price will be.

Thanks again
Old 02-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Registered

Think it was the poker run magazine that just came a few days ago that just put the Ford, GMC and H2 head to head. Might want to check out their findings......
Old 02-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Registered

Go with the Denali or the 2 wheel drive Yukon XL, I pull a 29 SCARAB with my Yukon XL 5.3 no problem.
The Denali and the Yukon XL are a much nicer truck in my opinion, the interior is nicer and the truck is longer than the Expedition, the Expedition has shorter rear doors, where the XL has full size doors.

Just my 02
Attached Thumbnails GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition-dsc01954.jpg   GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition-dsc01961.jpg  
Old 02-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Registered

Re: GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

Originally Posted by SPITFIRE
They'll be close on milage espicially when towing but you will certainly have extra money left over if you buy the Ford.
Not really. According to some surveys that were done on both there was a higher percentage rate of mechanical problems within the first 90 days of owning a Ford. It may be covered under warranty but the rental car isn't. The GMC is a much more relaiable car. It's more ergonomic and far more comfortable. If you do some research on the net you find that the GMC is better.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Registered

the fords has a full boxed frame and the chevy has a C-Type frame.. the ford is alot strong and doesn't get the 30000 mile chevy raddle.. LOL

Quick Reply: GMC Denali vs. Ford Epedition

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.