Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Getting in shape for spring (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97003-getting-shape-spring.html)

GLH 02-22-2005 06:06 PM

Re: Getting in shape for spring

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by craig223
I heard that JCPerf was trying to lose 40 or 50 lbs.

Just lose the fashionable socks and he's half way there... and the tassle on the pennyloafers... :D

Wasabe 02-22-2005 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dono
C'mon everyone!!! No Fat boaters this summer... :D :drink:

Thank you! :evilb:
I'm hitting the gym everyday. Also, doing some workouts at home. String bikini here I come! Sorry no pics!

Cmoney 02-22-2005 06:23 PM

I am 32, 15 pounds overweight, and I live in Michigan where it is cloudy 90% of the time (especially in the winter). With the bad weather around here there is nothing to do except work, sleep, and eat. It is very depressing and easy to gain weight at a fast clip, but I have to get in shape for summer.

My wife and I like to call it "Get Into Boat Shape"

CAP071 02-22-2005 06:26 PM

Yea Me too. I now do push ups n sit ups every night along with a quick walk for about 3 miles :(

twin screws 02-22-2005 06:26 PM

Dono, How big a boy are ya?

offshoredrillin 02-22-2005 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Just lose the fashionable socks and he's half way there... and the tassle on the pennyloafers... :D

That was no tassle, it was a dingleberry:evilb:

I'm 6'4" and 245 lbs and have a 38 inch waist, I hated workin out when I played sports and am still the same way.

Harper220 02-22-2005 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wasabe
Thank you! :evilb:
I'm hitting the gym everyday. Also, doing some workouts at home. String bikini here I come! Sorry no pics!

Must have pics... :D

glassdave 02-22-2005 06:35 PM

i run regularly but only in the winter months. been doing it for years, 3.5 to 4 miles every other night. work out on the off days. funny thing is i only feel comfortable running in the winter at night, dont know why. just always done it that way. in the summer i keep very active and dont have to run as much. im 38 now and am a solid 200lbs most of the time (about 5'10") . when i was younger i went a mushey 240 lbs and it sucked. as i got older i changed my eating habbits and stayed active. feel much better now. actually one of the things i did was stoped drinking milk. by doing that i didnt want the junk food like cookies an stuff, worked pretty good.

offshoredrillin 02-22-2005 06:39 PM

I have modified my diet, no more sodas, only drink 2% milk, but only organic, no steroids in it, tastes better lasts longer, I'm 41, and eat smaller portions now. When I got back from vegas, i had way too much blood in my alcohol system so I took a break from drinkin, but beer in the summer......mmmmm beeeer:D

glassdave 02-22-2005 06:42 PM

oh . . .i forgot to mention i switched to Cap'n Morgans diet coke :D :D