Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thanks MitcherT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97037-thanks-mitchert.html)

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2005 07:18 AM

Re: Thanks MitcherT

Originally Posted by excursion
Dont mean to ruffle any feathers, I really like the logo but the Chicago Offshore part make no sense to me, If you all were along the coast somewhere ok, but just my .02

You guys on the coast can be "offcoast boaters" :D CA can be leftcoast boaters

But in the great lakes, when we boat off the shores of Lake MI we are most definately offshore boaters. :rolleyes:

cashbrain05 02-25-2005 07:42 AM

Dont mean to ruffle any feathers, I really like the logo but the Chicago Offshore part make no sense to me, If you all were along the coast somewhere ok, but just my .02

What is the type of boats that we have?speedboats,race boats,cigarette boats?.....they are Offshore Powerboats..
Makes perfect sense to me..probably because I named it,also

Formula Outlaw 02-25-2005 07:48 AM

Seems to me that the Great Lakes are surrounded by something that I personally would call a coast, or a shoreline. If you are "away" from that then you must be either "offcoast" or "offshore"

Plus if it gets rough enough to break ships apart, I would say that also qualified it as being "offshore".

Those are just my thoughts. No offense intended.

cashbrain05 02-25-2005 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
You guys on the coast can be "offcoast boaters" :D CA can be leftcoast boaters

But in the great lakes, when we boat off the shores of Lake MI we are most definately offshore boaters. :rolleyes:

Hey Donna..what kind of boat do you have?(and I don't mean Black Thunder)

Ms PatriYacht 02-25-2005 08:05 AM

A Malibu Ski boat, :D and when we leave the dock to go sking we are off shore :p That's why I tell everyone Mr. P had an offshore accident :evilb:

Yes I know what ya meant Jack, when we really go boatin It's in the PatriYacht and that's an offshore

cashbrain05 02-25-2005 08:07 AM

Hence the Chicago Offshore Name..Thanks,Donna

cashbrain05 02-25-2005 08:09 AM

I am looking forward to getting all that new COPS apparel with Mitch's designed logo on it....
I have a question for Mitch...what are you working on now?
We wanna know details :D

candyman35 02-27-2005 02:57 PM

Wow! My post was to thank MitcherT for a great job designing our club Logo. I don't understand why it turned into a debate over the name. Once again.....Thanks Mitch for a great job. :cool:
Dan

StrikinLightnin 02-27-2005 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by candyman35
Wow! My post was to thank MitcherT for a great job designing our club Logo. I don't understand why it turned into a debate over the name. Once again.....Thanks Mitch for a great job. :cool:
Dan

The logo looks great!

Dan,
You should have known by now how things can turn on you
around here.
Kinda like when you're runnin' offshore :p

candyman35 02-27-2005 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by StrikinLightnin
The logo looks great!

Dan,
You should have known by now how things can turn on you