Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How often do you spend the night on your boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97067-how-often-do-you-spend-night-your-boat.html)

ofshore 02-24-2005 05:10 PM

Re: How often do you spend the night on your boat?

I do probably 5-10 times a year, I keep my boat on the trailer plus I like to drink :drink: so it's more convenient and safer to stayed tied up where ever I am. :drink:

Biggus 02-25-2005 09:04 AM

The only thing that should be open passed the cockpit bulkhead in a perofrmance boat is a beer or a woman's mind.[/QUOTE]

GL's got it nailed!

ThirdBird 02-25-2005 11:26 AM

We stay on the boat every weekend if possible. Managed every signle weekend last year from middle of June thru 1st of September. Even through the crappy rainy summer we had last year. Wife loves it, we can get plowed and not worry about driving. Mostly stay on the beach in a protected bay. Sometimes at docks. Always nice to wake up on the water. Nice cool dip in morning morning gets me ready for the bloody marys. :drink: :drink:

MiamiVice 02-26-2005 12:48 PM

Only for 30 mins or so of CARDIO!!!!

wantsa311 02-26-2005 03:56 PM

Several times a season. We usually stay in a dock at Metro Beach because it's convenient (potty, showers, shore power) but sometimes we drop anchor in the cove behind the docks or out in Muscamoot bay.

We broke loose once during the night when the wind shifted and tore out the anchor. No damage done and lesson learned - I now use two anchors at night.

Originally Posted by MiamiVice
Only for 30 mins or so of CARDIO!!!!

... for me it would be closer to thirty SECONDS !!! :D

drypipetiger 02-26-2005 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
The only thing that should be open passed the cockpit bulkhead in a perofrmance boat is a beer or a woman's mind.

http://www.boatsafe.com/kids/cigboat.htm

R Addiction 02-27-2005 08:39 AM

I usually end up staying out on the weekend......wife goes home to take care of the dog (to big to bring on the boat, 90 lbs). The trip is 53 miles ....each way!! Love to got to a place called Lloyds creek off of the Sassafras river. Calm protected water, sandy bottom. I've stayed there during a hurricane that came up the Chesapeake in the mid 90's, in a 18 foot Bayliner :eek: Dropped a hook with a crapload of scope and waited it out for 4 hours....cool lightning storm!! :cool:

The only bad part is my AT's hatch open from the back and the wind doesn't get into the cabin as well.....but I'll live with it!! :D

enticer 02-27-2005 09:55 AM

Stay on the boat the entire weekend..............we drive 250 miles to the boat.......so it's our hotel on water

Maybe the question should have been "how many times do you have sex on the boat" Since alot of the others drive home for the night.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :evilb:

R Addiction 02-27-2005 11:07 AM

Enticer, Where do you stay at when in Port Deposit? Do you stay at the marina or do you go elsewhere? Gotta get together this summer! :D

enticer 02-27-2005 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Enticer, Where do you stay at when in Port Deposit? Do you stay at the marina or do you go elsewhere? Gotta get together this summer! :D

Same place where I met you.........Port Deposit, @ Tomes Slip D-2
Remember the Poker Run Last August.......