Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   snowmobiling (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97102-snowmobiling.html)

28SCARAB 02-24-2005 08:54 PM

Re: snowmobiling

we unloaded on powley road last weekend. the first twelve miles were great then we hit the narrow trails that Shane mentioned. We went up to Indian Lake. We got 147 miles on.
Get yourself a trail map and take the main trails. They are not as narrow. This Saturday we are unloading Lake Pleasant/Speculator. We are going to ride up to Inlet. Have a zr800 and F7 The F7 was radared at 119.8 on and off the trottle. Maybe we can meet up some place.

Shane 02-24-2005 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by 28SCARAB
we unloaded on powley road last weekend. the first twelve miles were great then we hit the narrow trails that Shane mentioned. We went up to Indian Lake. We got 147 miles on.
Get yourself a trail map and take the main trails. They are not as narrow. This Saturday we are unloading Lake Pleasant/Speculator. We are going to ride up to Inlet. Have a zr800 and F7 The F7 was radared at 119.8 on and off the trottle. Maybe we can meet up some place.

Save teh aggravation and drive right to the Cedar River Road Parking lot in Indian Lake. Get there early and avoid the crowd and ENJOY! :cool:

28SCARAB 02-24-2005 09:19 PM

Thanks Shane just found cedar rd. on the map may try that . THANKS

Need-the-Speed 02-24-2005 09:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow! 128.6 You have a good running Z! I was riding a friends 05' Mach Z ( Clutched to the moon) last wknd and couldn't get it over 118 on GPS. You know what the strange thing was...There was at least 12-15 other sleds, a couple F7's a few 800 Rev's (including my own), a couple Pol's, etc. etc. all new stuff. That Mach Z DESTROYED everything it ran against. I could ride it, look back and actually watch the others as I pulled away from them. Suprising considering there have been claims of 115mph F7's :rolleyes: . Funny how I left them (and I mean left em') at only 118. :eek:

articfriends 02-25-2005 01:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Just came back from kewanaw peninsula,check out the snow at hotel where we stayed! Trails SUCKED,even mid week,not in a hurry to go back,our great governor has allowed our trail permit money to get robbed when theres not snow instead of buying more groomers. It was punishment to ride to copper harbor,would have been alot better if my sled with m-10 wasn't home broken still when i went too (rode my kids zr 440 racer)

heatbuzz 02-25-2005 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess I take it for granted. The only thing I used the sled trailer for is to store them in for the summer. From my house I can ride all the way to Canada. :D I live right on a lake or should I say Drag Strip. :eek: Its funny my Son who is 12 is the king of lake...well at least among his friends... :cool: His ski-doo goes just about 90 and he thinks he is Joe Racer. Even when the big boys come out he'll still take them on even though he doesn't stand a chance. :cool:

26scarab 02-25-2005 07:20 AM

Arcticfriends,
What was wrong with the Keewenau trails ? Lack of snow or just lack of grooming ?
I canceled a trip there a few weeks back because the temps were too high and was pretty bummed out. I haven't rode that area in around 4 years and really miss it but am dissapointed to hear that the trails were bad. They used to be freeways ! I was going to try and get over there before the end of the season but after hearing this I might just beg Mitch to go back to Grand Marias.
I'm heading to Cedarville this weekend to ride Drummond Isle.

Airpacker 02-25-2005 07:27 AM

Fowl, you be wrong son. My wife put down a 126mph radared pass last sunday on my buddies 1000z. All we have done to it was add pin weight to the primary to get the revs down to 7700 and pull the limiter strap down one hole. The thing rocks. It leaves my 800 from a 50 mph rolling start like its parked.