Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   50ft CARY Lovers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97257-50ft-cary-lovers.html)

magnum 03-22-2005 07:29 PM

Re: 50ft CARY Lovers

I,ve seen this boat,it's in good shape.If I remember correctly it's been completely awlgripped.Don't know about the cabin but the engine compartment was either gelcoated or awlgripped also.the owner also has some Sea Tech deisels with some seriuos HP he may want to get rid of too.I think there in the 1000 to 1200 HP range.Acouple of those should push it along pretty good.Anyone seriously interested let me know,Magnum...

Chris Sunkin 03-22-2005 07:39 PM

There was a 50 Cary out of Cleveland a few years ago that had a pair of Detroit 12V92DDEC's driving Arnesons. It was a beast.

I'm guessing the boat weighs about half of a Magnum 53.

abolfaz 10-01-2005 04:11 PM

I owned the 50 cary that was in Miami Vice. At the time it was called Leading Lady and was later owned by the guy who owned Shooters in Lauderdale, it was called Hary Cary back then. It was also used in an Isuzu comercial where they had an Isuzu on the deck. It was the lightest 50 ever built and the only one built with the low profile windsheild without the lower vents.

I sold the boat in 1995 to someone who started rebuilding it then defaulted on the boats bank loan. The boat then went to National liquidators minus powertrain, then to usauctions.com and sold for $24k. The guy who bought the boat took it to wisconson, stuck it in a barn and now wants $65k for it. Good Luck. I never had all four motors running for more than a day at a time, my dream was to be able to repower the boat with big MAN's but as someone else here said, the boat would never be worth the price of the repower.

Oh well...

DirtyMoney 10-01-2005 04:30 PM

I remember Hary Cary as being a 45'.

blownincome 10-01-2005 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by abolfaz
I owned the 50 cary that was in Miami Vice. At the time it was called Leading Lady and was later owned by the guy who owned Shooters in Lauderdale, it was called Hary Cary back then. It was also used in an Isuzu comercial where they had an Isuzu on the deck. It was the lightest 50 ever built and the only one built with the low profile windsheild without the lower vents.

I sold the boat in 1995 to someone who started rebuilding it then defaulted on the boats bank loan. The boat then went to National liquidators minus powertrain, then to usauctions.com and sold for $24k. The guy who bought the boat took it to wisconson, stuck it in a barn and now wants $65k for it. Good Luck. I never had all four motors running for more than a day at a time, my dream was to be able to repower the boat with big MAN's but as someone else here said, the boat would never be worth the price of the repower.

Oh well...

I watched the "Race" on Miami vice 1st season DVD It Gave Crocket a run for his money :rolleyes: Left the Biggest wake!
if that was the comp it would have won :eek:

lucky strike 10-01-2005 04:46 PM

I have a friend who has a 50' Cary sportfishing boat with diesels & a flyingbridge. Cary made a few of them. Neat lookin rig.

LS

HOTROD2 10-01-2005 08:29 PM

abolfaz, Are you also known as Kenny Rodgers, the singer/actor? I beleive Leading Lady was registered to him when it appeared on Miami Vice.

DirtyMoney 10-02-2005 12:37 AM

Does anyone else remember Hary Car as a red and white 45 across from shooters?

abolfaz 10-02-2005 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by rbr2328
Does anyone else remember Hary Car as a red and white 45 across from shooters?

No sir, it was a 50, trust me. While the boat was across from shooters the cheap ass who owned it (REG MOREAU, the owner of shooters at the time) took it down to the old Tempest yard to have a new interior put in it and then the boat was listed for sale for a few years with no luck.

The last years when it was across from shooters the two center motors were locked up and it was used almost exclusively to go from one side of the intracoastal to the other. Then suddenly while it was on the hydrohoist four life preservers caught on fire and breifly burned inside the room below the cockpit. Strangely enough however the fire started (I wonder how) the fact that the door was closed to the cabin starved the fire for oxygen and basically all that hapened was that the interior was coverd in black soot. Hull & Company (the insurance company) investigated the incident and denied the claim, before they denied the claim though Reg took the boat to the old Broward Marine West yard where it sat for two years. Once the claim was denied and broward had a huge storage bill on the boat, I met up with Reg and bought the boat from him (1995). I personally worked one whole saturday removing the painted Hary Cary name from the transom, so trust me I know its the boat.

And no I'm not Kenny Rogers, I found the original owners manual and warranty paperwork for the boat and thats when I realized it used to be Leading Lady. I had my documentation service run a documentation abstract which confirmed that it was indeed Leading Lady. What I didn't know till now was that it was kenny rogers boat. I later bumped into Reg's son who now owns a satalite TV company and he gave me list of movies that this boat was in as well, in one of them it chased down a 37 midnight with 750's and the people driving the cary got the bad guys!

DirtyMoney 10-02-2005 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by abolfaz
No sir, it was a 50, trust me. While the boat was across from shooters the cheap ass who owned it (REG MOREAU, the owner of shooters at the time) took it down to the old Tempest yard to have a new interior put in it and then the boat was listed for sale for a few years with no luck.

The last years when it was across from shooters the two center motors were locked up and it was used almost exclusively to go from one side of the intracoastal to the other. Then suddenly while it was on the hydrohoist four life preservers caught on fire and breifly burned inside the room below the cockpit. Strangely enough however the fire started (I wonder how) the fact that the door was closed to the cabin starved the fire for oxygen and basically all that hapened was that the interior was coverd in black soot. Hull & Company (the insurance company) investigated the incident and denied the claim, before they denied the claim though Reg took the boat to the old Broward Marine West yard where it sat for two years. Once the claim was denied and broward had a huge storage bill on the boat, I met up with Reg and bought the boat from him (1995). I personally worked one whole saturday removing the painted Hary Cary name from the transom, so trust me I know its the boat.

And no I'm not Kenny Rogers, I found the original owners manual and warranty paperwork for the boat and thats when I realized it used to be Leading Lady. I had my documentation service run a documentation abstract which confirmed that it was indeed Leading Lady. What I didn't know till now was that it was kenny rogers boat. I later bumped into Reg's son who now owns a satalite TV company and he gave me list of movies that this boat was in as well, in one of them it chased down a 37 midnight with 750's and the people driving the cary got the bad guys!

Then there must have also been a 45 cary that was red and white on the lift in about 91-92.