Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who's buying a new/used boat this spring? >

Who's buying a new/used boat this spring?

Notices

Who's buying a new/used boat this spring?

Old 02-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's buying a new/used boat this spring?

Anyone moving up/down? Lets hear it!

We're looking to leave the performance boating lifestyle for now, started a new business and need the $$$. Maybe a wakeboard boat for the family in the meantime. Just need to sell my Formula 303 first
Old 02-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Who's buying a new/used boat this spring?

Toolman,
Let me know what kind of boat you are looking for? I might be able to help you out with that. I have a good friend in that business.
Bobby
Old 02-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's depressing selling the boat. I know. I did the same thing two years ago for a business. Now I sold the business and am buying a new Superboat.
Being an owner took to much time from the family. Don't know if I would ever do it again! Good Luck.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:22 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Never owned my own business but I see the stresses it can cause. Good luck on your new venture and the sale of the Formula. See you at the get together?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Registered

Owning your own business is both great and horrible. Many people have the misconception that if you own your own business you can take time off whenever you want but actually just the opposite is true. Just ask Cuda.

If a health issue arrises, like my kidney stone issue last year which put me flat out for sixteen weeks, the bills keep coming in and no income. It will be at least another year before we recover from that and it has added way to much stress to my marriage. That aspect is not right, but it's reality nonetheless.

The worst aspect of it is dealing with "richardhead" customers. And I have run into more of them the last two years than the previous 25. It's never ceases to amaze me how some customers are just so great, and others who are selfish, think the world revolves around them and them alone, and do nothing but try to take advantage of you, especially financially. I will do whatever I can to help customers, even to the point of sharing my contractor's discount when they require new plumbing supplies or whatever. But if you stick me for money, you not only burn a bridge but make a hard enemy out of me. I never bill someone until that money is without question legitimately due. I don't ever want a client questioning that they are being billed unfairly. And if that customer chisels me or whatever, I walk off the job and don't look back. If a customer fails to make a required payment, THEY are the ones who are defaulting on the contract, not me. And of course they NEVER see it that way. "Wait, where are you going? How dare you leave our job just cause we screwed you on money. That's what we do......."

I have now been general/sub contracting for thirty years. I know how it works. Overall I've had very good luck with good working relationships with people. Then there is the occasional "richardhead" who as previously stated thinks the world revolves around them and them alone. And that flies with me like a concrete block. I've had to work hard all my life and have absolutely no tolerance for those few "silver spoon fed arrogant spoiled jerks" that we occasionally run into.

And I NEVER hire a lawyer
Old 02-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Registered

im trying to sell my 28zx, im wanting to move up to the 35zr.
i just became a homeowner so i'll see how that goes...