If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Towing with SRT-10 quad cab

Hi everyone, I need some input. I tow 6300 lbs (Eliminator Eagle) with a 1/2 ton 4wd Suburban and WD hitch.

Looking at purchasing a SRT-10 quad cab 2wd with tow rating at 7500 lbs. With passengers and gear I am going to be at limit but I figure the larger brakes, stiffer suspension and big torque should help me out. Suspension travel, load rating on wheels and tires are some of my concerns (not to mention 2wd). I am trying to justify the purchase, anybody have any feedback. BTW I often tow over 300 miles one way to Mead Powell and Havasu. I plan to keep the Suburban and use both as daily drivers.

My Boats:
    1976 Cigarette 28SS
    Austin, TX

Re: Towing with SRT-10 quad cab

I just looked at one of those myself. The EPA rating of 9 city and 12 hiway was enough for me to not look very long. Had a very nice interior though.

S.O.B (single O/B) now Platinum Member t500hps's Avatar
    Richmond VA

Don't know what year suburban, but check the rating on that. I have a 03 2500 6.0L that is only "rated" for 7,600lbs. (with 4.10 gears this same truck goes to 9,800) I regularly tow a 10,000lbs rig and have hauled on local trips a 12,500.

My Boats:
    1984 Chris Cat
    Troy, Mich

Get a Hypertech unit for the Suburban and set it for 93 octane, they really tow better withe extra power.

The SRT 10 is not the best for towing with it a shorter wheelbase. But fun to drive.

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...

If you look at that truck it isnt rated to haul more than 500 lbs.. and I think the tow rating is less than 5000 lbs... If you want a truck to pull with, that would not be the one.

My Boats:
    1998 Wellcraft 22' Scarab
    Spring, TX

The suspension is the limiting factor on the SRT-10 as far as towing. As far as power goes it is unbeatable and the brakes are even more awesome than the engine. The SRT's binders will make you intimate with the windshield if you fail to buckle up.