Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anybody have close-up pics of hatch scoops? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97379-anybody-have-close-up-pics-hatch-scoops.html)

warlocking 03-01-2005 08:52 PM

Re: Anybody have close-up pics of hatch scoops?

Originally Posted by JCPERF
1 of mine

WHAT THE...... :eek:

Von Bongo 03-01-2005 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
here are the scoops on my old boat... :D

Hmm..just not seeing the scoops

Hot Duck 03-01-2005 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by GregP
Hardwood makes both glass-on and bolt on scoops. Glass on scoops "may" have a flange on the outside that you can bolt through ala Hot Ducks. Bolt on scoops have studs on the inside for the bolts. Not all sizes and styles are avail bolt-on. Jegs lists both.

-Greg

To be honest, I really don't know which type we have. I don't know if they have the flange or have the studs inside to accept the bolts. They are obviously bolted on, but I don't know exactly how it was done because the scoops were on there when we got the boat.

Hot Duck 03-01-2005 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
HEY HOTDUCK HOW ARE YOU. WHEN ARE YOU COMING DOWN MY WAY. STILL WAITING ON MY BOAT RIDE :rolleyes: . I HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL WITH THE BOAT AND ALL. DON'T FOR TO PM US FOR A RUN WHEN YOU HAVE TIME FOR THE MIAMI BOYS

DONZ JR

I got everything ironed out today and I will be down your way next week. We are leaving here on Tuesday or Wednesday and heading to Lauderdale. We have to drop the boat off with Tres to get some odds and ends done to get it ready for the summer. After we drop the boat off we are heading to Bradenton to drop the trailer off at Myco to have some minor things done. From there we are heading up to Orlando to take Tres' driving school on the 14th and 15th. After that we have a few days to kill before going back to pick up the trailer. Once we have the trailer we will get the boat and head home.

I would really love to stay down there for the FPC run to Key Largo on the 25th - 27th, but I think that I would really be pushing my luck to try and stay away for another 4-5 days for that. We'll see. I'll PM you my cell number before we head that way.

KCHOTBOAT 03-01-2005 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
here are the scoops on my old boat... :D

Okay Chad what do you have now? Nice trips!

jawbreakerkid 03-02-2005 08:27 AM

VonB- LOL! it took me a while to find them too. keep looking, you'll eventually see them. :D you should see that picture from the rear... :eek:

KCHotboat- no replacement yet, but i'm still looking..... :(

Harper220 03-02-2005 09:37 AM

Getting a little off subject here. How about some pics of your scoops guys?? :D

GregP 03-02-2005 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
To be honest, I really don't know which type we have. I don't know if they have the flange or have the studs inside to accept the bolts. They are obviously bolted on, but I don't know exactly how it was done because the scoops were on there when we got the boat.

The bolt pattern in the pics looked much larger than the scoop opening, so I guessed they were the external flange type. The "bolt on" scoops have a bolt pattern that fits inside the scoop footprint.

-Greg

Harper220 03-20-2005 09:08 PM

Where can I get the wire mesh looking insert that goes in the opening of the scoops like in post 25? Is this fabricated or does the scoop manufacturer make them?

Sean H 03-20-2005 10:02 PM

check out some import sites, they stick that stuff in every honda bumper they can find.... you probably will have to cut to fit but i would think it would be pretty easy... pics when done, i have thought the same thing for my boat.... :cool: