Tell me about... North Carolina

Old 03-01-2005, 07:49 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: Tell me about... North Carolina

Originally Posted by offthefront
state income tax ?
I'm pretty sure they have one, but I have my boat registered in Delaware and pay virtually no taxes on it. I can give you more info if it turns out you need it, because this was beat to death in another thread.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont get it. I 'Live' in Austin Texas. I WORK in Charlotte and live in the Westin for the 5 day work week. (Hell of a commute huh?)

When I started doing this I heard all this great stuff about Charlotte and how nice it is and how the people out here are so great. Lies, Lies, Lies.

This place is a vapid wasteland of culture and knowledge.

I am going out of my mind bored trying to keep myself occupied here. Granted I will say that I have only been here since December 1 and dont know all the inns and outs but from what I have been able to gather is that the town shuts down sometime around 8:00. One glance at the events callander in the local paper will leave you longing for more. Get ready for a lot of Nascar (ug), and every other radio station being the god channel. Now I got nothing against god, but Jesus is a very popular dood out here. So is Billy Graham, afterall they named a highway after him.

I dont know about boating out here as I do not have a boat here. Perhaps it may be a great place to raise a family, I dont know. In any case, I am not impressed!

Just my .02. Flame on.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:19 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula78
I dont get it. I 'Live' in Austin Texas. I WORK in Charlotte and live in the Westin for the 5 day work week. (Hell of a commute huh?)

When I started doing this I heard all this great stuff about Charlotte and how nice it is and how the people out here are so great. Lies, Lies, Lies.

This place is a vapid wasteland of culture and knowledge.

I am going out of my mind bored trying to keep myself occupied here. Granted I will say that I have only been here since December 1 and dont know all the inns and outs but from what I have been able to gather is that the town shuts down sometime around 8:00. One glance at the events callander in the local paper will leave you longing for more. Get ready for a lot of Nascar (ug), and every other radio station being the god channel. Now I got nothing against god, but Jesus is a very popular dood out here. So is Billy Graham, afterall they named a highway after him.

I dont know about boating out here as I do not have a boat here. Perhaps it may be a great place to raise a family, I dont know. In any case, I am not impressed!

Just my .02. Flame on.
I am with you. I have lived here 6 years and count the days until I can leave. Please don't jump me!

It's just that home is home and this is NOT home.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have visited Raleigh a bit, and it's a nice area. I always had a good time and met lots of nice people. The boating there, eerr, well it's nice for waterskiiing, not offshore style, unless you drive 2 hrs to the shore. Did notice LOTS of smokers when we were out if you care...guess it is in tobacco land, Winston / Salem, etc.

I'd suggest doing what I did, which was to move from MA to FL last year. There getting another foot of snow today, haha!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Forget Charlotte/Raleigh. Do like I did and buy some land in the coastal areas before it goes completely crazy. Neuse River/Pamlico Sound/Albemarle Sound = LOTS of open water and rivers. Not very developed yet, but it will grow...
Old 03-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a site of some interest

http://www.carolinapowerboat.com/

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 03-01-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
I am with you. I have lived here 6 years and count the days until I can leave. Please don't jump me!

It's just that home is home and this is NOT home.
buyafountain~
I thought you lived in Myrtle Beach? Is it Myrtle Beach or Charlotte you don't care for? Personally, I think Myrtle Beach is over rated (sorry). I grew up spending my summers at our family home on the Isle of Palms and loved it!! The family still has the house there. Of course, the time to have gotten lucky with the property was around the time Hugo hit. The next door neighbor ended up selling his home for around $1 MIL (live on the intercoastal by the Wild Dunes). Don't think you

It's amazing what Mother Nature can do for your property values!
Old 03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrs Wigginout
buyafountain~
I thought you lived in Myrtle Beach? Is it Myrtle Beach or Charlotte you don't care for? Personally, I think Myrtle Beach is over rated (sorry). I grew up spending my summers at our family home on the Isle of Palms and loved it!! The family still has the house there. Of course, the time to have gotten lucky with the property was around the time Hugo hit. The next door neighbor ended up selling his home for around $1 MIL (live on the intercoastal by the Wild Dunes). Don't think you

It's amazing what Mother Nature can do for your property values!

It's not any city in particular. The "good ole boys" put me through hell here for the first few years. Now they have learned that at least they have to put up with me. I KNOW I could go hang with you guys on the lake and we could get along great, but Myrtle Beach area is just a place to visit.

Business has been good and I have done very well here, but as the song goes "train roll on" Maybe a year or two more (being optimistic). I really want to end up in Ft. Lauderdale and I am making those plans now. We'll see.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
I'm pretty sure they have one, but I have my boat registered in Delaware and pay virtually no taxes on it. I can give you more info if it turns out you need it, because this was beat to death in another thread.

No.... INCOME tax .......if you live and work there you pay federal AND state INCOME TAX .....
Old 03-01-2005, 12:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Forget Charlotte/Raleigh. Do like I did and buy some land in the coastal areas before it goes completely crazy. Neuse River/Pamlico Sound/Albemarle Sound = LOTS of open water and rivers. Not very developed yet, but it will grow...

Just bought a house on the Chocowinity just around the corner from reggieland...was surprised on the affordability compared to the tidewater Va area and the outerbanks...I hope your right about it going crazy

Quick Reply: Tell me about... North Carolina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.