Tell me about... North Carolina

Notices

Tell me about... North Carolina

Old 03-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tell me about... North Carolina

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
It's not any city in particular. The "good ole boys" put me through hell here for the first few years. Now they have learned that at least they have to put up with me. I KNOW I could go hang with you guys on the lake and we could get along great, but Myrtle Beach area is just a place to visit.

Business has been good and I have done very well here, but as the song goes "train roll on" Maybe a year or two more (being optimistic). I really want to end up in Ft. Lauderdale and I am making those plans now. We'll see.

I'm sure you'd get along just fine with us...we just like having a good time!

Good luck with Lauderdale. We thought about moving to Sarasota (had a Realtor looking and everything). Then, the hurricane season started and we said forget about it!

Hope you can make the poker run in April!
Cat
Old 03-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com
but Myrtle Beach area is just a place to visit.
That hit the nail on the head. My parents had a place in surfside beach that was destroyed by Hugo then rebuilt and sold a few years later. As a kid growing up when my parents were at the lake i was at the beach and vice versa so I have some awesome memories from Myrtle beach. Now...you couldn't pay me to go there my idea of a beach now is Edisto...nice and relaxing.

As for South Carolina sorry your experience has not been that positive. I travel all over the world, weekly sometimes, and have lived in other places. This time I hope I am home for good. I have rejected a lot of monetary offers that most couldn't to be where I want to be...it's all about finding your place...I know where mine is Good luck in your search
Old 03-01-2005, 12:44 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am def. in on the poker run!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2005, 02:30 PM
Registered

Better start shopping for a house now, if you research housing like you do boats. It could be a while before you find the one you want. lol
Old 03-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Registered

Formula78, you must stay in your room if you can not find anything to do in Charlotte. I personally do not like to go into Charlotte, only when I have to, but partied there for years before moving up to Lake Norman area. To much to do and to much going on is why I moved. Now of course, it depends on what you want. If you want opera, broadway type stuff, you are in the wrong place. If you want to have fun then the Charlotte area is great.
If you like boating, then Lake Wylie is just 10 miles away, then mountain island lake is about 8 miles away and lake norman is about 20 miles away. Plenty of people with boats and lots of restaurants and bars on the lakes. (not mountain island)

Some sites to help you find fun.

www.carolinapowerboat.com
www.lknfun.com
Old 03-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

moved from Boston2.5 yrs ago, wife wants to go home, I love it. I sold the boat due to 3yr old and 16mo old but live in an awesome neighborhood. can't find something like this up there. Depending on your neighborhood at home you can get a lot more house for your dollar, my old house 1100sf= $500,000 new house 4000sf =$400,000. have some friends on the lake(norman) it is good time and the people in the CPBA are all good people.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 302SR1
Better start shopping for a house now, if you research housing like you do boats. It could be a while before you find the one you want. lol
Very funny - I *know* what boat I want to buy, but the ol' wallet just doesn't agree!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Dockrocker,

I've been to Charlotte one time, and didn't have a very good experience there!!! Anyway, I thought the Lake Norman area looked pretty cool as I drove through it on the express way though.
Kamma your experience had nothing to do with Charlotte it was with one person that does not even live in Charlotte. I am sorry for your problems but don,t judge the area or the people for one bad deal you had thats sounds like some ahole putting down yankies because he does not like the north or the way they talk
Old 03-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Mike----I am sorry you took offense. I know Dockrocker and I was only kidding him a bit hence the: " "

I truely apologize, to you and the people of Charlotte, NC for my comment.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Mike, as matter of fact I will go back and attempt to erase the post that my comment was in----I hope that is fair.

Quick Reply: Tell me about... North Carolina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.