Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What happened to National Marine ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97494-what-happened-national-marine.html)

wannabe 03-02-2005 12:42 PM

Re: What happened to National Marine ?

Originally Posted by otis311
Bashers ??? We went thru hell and back with those bastards. DONT EVER CALL ME A BASHER WHEN REFERENCING NATIONAL MARINE

Otis: I meant sellthewaterfront. NOT National Marine who was run by slimeballs, and cost many people $ and time as I pointed out.

The fellow OSO member asked a question and he gets roasted because he was not up on the latest news. Proper web ettiquette is not to flame someone for asking a simple question.

Wannabe

wannabe 03-02-2005 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
some of it wasn't so brief either....

Hell, I thought it was brief and to the point. Some of you guys must have trouble with words with more than one syllable.

Wannabe

DoTheMath 03-02-2005 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by wannabe

The fellow OSO member asked a question and he gets roasted because he was not up on the latest news. Proper web ettiquette is not to flame someone for asking a simple question.

Wannabe

Hehe - it is on this site!! :D :p

(all in good fun... :rolleyes: )

DollaBill 03-02-2005 01:20 PM

Hell, I thought it was brief and to the point. Some of you guys must have trouble with words with more than one syllable.

Wannabe

Who's making the popcorn?

Mac 03-02-2005 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
Bashers ??? We went thru hell and back with those bastards. DONT EVER CALL ME A BASHER WHEN REFERENCING NATIONAL MARINE

I couldnt agree with you more Otis31 these *******s got me for 25,000.oo That would just about pay for a year of my daughters college.

Sean H 03-02-2005 03:17 PM

Waterfront:

Excuse the bashers, you asked a legitimate question. The National marine debacle was brief but painful to some here on OSO. By the low count on your posts you must have missed the threads-do a search.

The Cig you have pictures on is totally different: a US marshalls seizure that has been sitting for 6 months. Big motors that may or may not run. It has SSM 3's whcih are less than optimal drives for a TG.

The auction will take place on 3/4/05 at noon.

Good luck if you decide to bid. I have decided to pass.

Wannabe

you said it was a brief debacle... some guys are still going through it, so how can that be brief?

wannabe 03-02-2005 04:25 PM

Sean:

Brief in the time that it was on the front page of this forum. That is strictly my interpretation. Results may vary.

Seriously, not to say what happened to many people was trivial, but the originator of this thread asked what happened at National. If someone wants to explain in 50 words or less than do so. I suggested they search for themselves.

I do not want people thinking I condone what National did, that is NOT the case.

Wannabe

sellwaterfront 03-03-2005 04:41 PM

Thanks for the insight. I only occasionally visit the forum . I too have decided to pass on the marshalls auction "to far away" . Lets me guess she will go for 68k ! Want to start a pool ? Nice gun but I would like to have steps.

wannabe 03-03-2005 05:10 PM

Sellwaterfront:

I am with you- $65-70k was my guess.

Wannabe

Chris Sunkin 03-03-2005 05:15 PM

Wow- I thought these NM threads had run out- Didn't know there were still boats in FL. I'm sure the legal tangles will go on for years.

I was out at a customer's shop across the street from NM's old place in Youngstown, by the airport. Pretty much cleaned out. There were a couple of very ratty pieces in the yard but the building looks deserted. No more guard at the gate- in fact the gate was wide open.

For what he did, Big Bill deserves the KGB treatment- castration, jewels placed in mouth and a round thru the temple. I heard he was in Miami at the show making noises about getting back into the biz- anyone see him?