Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Incredible Boat!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97525-incredible-boat.html)

PhantomChaos 03-02-2005 10:35 PM

Re: Incredible Boat!!

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by outriggers
Did any of you see this bad boy in Miami? I was told it did 75 Mph, 140 feet, 21,000 Hp two Diesel, two turbine@ 1300 gph. I thought feeding big blocks hurt. Doug

That is the Millenium 140 "The World Is Not Enough".

Kind of rediculous for a yacht that size to go that fast......IMHO

INFO HERE

PhantomChaos 03-02-2005 10:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a shot of the flybridge we took from the bigger yacht next to it...... :D :D

(from Liquidity)

Pantera1 03-02-2005 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That is the Millenium 140 "The World Is Not Enough".

Kind of rediculous for a yacht that size to go that fast......IMHO

INFO HERE

That was on discovery channel also ..They hit 68 and couldnt steer it :O

GLH 03-02-2005 10:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
That is the Millenium 140 "The World Is Not Enough".INFO HERE

Breast taking.

Thanks for the link Nort.

tomtbone1993 03-02-2005 11:19 PM

very nice ........

Byrdman 03-02-2005 11:27 PM

Yes thanks for the link....I can not believe it ...All of our boats are junk!!! :eek:

super termoli 03-03-2005 04:58 AM

I went on board "The World Is Not Enough". Great piece of engineering. I was told they got up to 67 knots so far but that turbines were not giving full power and that they were planning modifications on the hull right after the show. They are expecting 70+ knots (80+ mph). She is powered by two Paxman 18-cylinder diesels @ 5340hp. each and twin TF40 Lycoming turbines @ 4600hp. each. This requires so much air that the yacht has a forced air intake across the whole transom, with an emergency shut down system in case of following seas. I wish they put a sofa in the engineroom because this is where I'd spend most of my time while on board.

However, the interior is junk. Everything is mounted on a nomex core and while this is done to save weight, it looks cheap. All cabin doors are only 3 lbs. and it shows. It just lacks the substance expected on a 140' superyacht. Beyond that feel, the fit and finish is far from perfect. And the interior decoration looks like it was done by Donald Trump. Lots of gold, translucent plastics, Versace fabrics... Not worthy of a US$ 23 million asking price.

Unfortunately, most people with that kind of money will prefer to buy a displacement yacht of that size, made by a reputable Italian or Dutch builder, which will be finished to superyacht standards and much more comfortable underway and at anchor. Because a shallow draft, light displacement and three decks is a perfect recipe for heavy rolling at anchor. And if they feel the need for speed, they'll just have an Outerlimits or whatever as a tender.

ratman 03-03-2005 05:27 AM

i hear they plan on running the 140 footer at the world finals in key west this year...did you notice the beaklike bow shape? i'm not sure if reggie is involved with the project or not. :evilb:

ratman 03-03-2005 05:30 AM

Looks like a suppository for the Sears Tower.
ha ha ha...it would take a lot of work and idiots to build and uglier vessel.

Shane 03-03-2005 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Try a Millenium Yacht . They're a litlle more mainstream design-wise.

So now we know the TRUTH! You just bought htat property in The Carolina's and the above link will be your residence! YOu just needed a place to dock it cuz paying for a slip at $125 per foot is WAY EXPENSIVE! :cool: :p :drink: