Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you different? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97527-what-would-you-different.html)

offshoredrillin 03-03-2005 06:47 AM

Re: What would you different?

On my first boat a Donzi Z25, I paid too much for it, got caught up in a pretty paint job. should have bargained it down more.(so much for helping a friend out).should have bought bigger.
My 311(still have, its for sale;)) I'm VERY happy with, runs great, reliable, just should have waited to buy bigger...so I did, i just bought a 42 tiger and pick it up in a few weeks, everyone has seen the one I bought and I couldnt be happier, I will add some paint to personalize it, and maybe next winter add some HP to it, other than that I'm a happy camper :D...Rob

Raypanic 03-03-2005 07:00 AM

More power, drive temp indicators.

thedonz 03-03-2005 07:48 AM

I Wouldn't Change Anything About Our Boat, I Don't Know If My Old Man Differs From That But A 38 Non- Step Cig Staggered Has Always Been My Dream Boat. Well I Guess The Only Thing I Would Change Which It Will Have Sooner Or Later # 6's O Yea And Ride It(enjoy It )

Donz Jr

Ms PatriYacht 03-03-2005 10:01 AM

got a few more things in writing

Edward R. Cozzi 03-03-2005 10:17 AM

Thinking back to the 40' Hustler 1994 that my partner and I ordered with triple 502 Magnums and Blackhawk drives.

Delete the:
air conditioning
refrigerator
private head
full cabin
microwave oven

Add:
1/4 cabin
porta potti

I would have worked closer with Gary Meisenberg of MerCruiser to iron-out the Blackhawk drive failures. When all three were running, this boat was spectacular!!

GLH 03-03-2005 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Delete the:
air conditioning
refrigerator
private head
full cabin
microwave oven

Add:
1/4 cabin
porta potti

Ed you got it right now, for the inside an offshore boat cabin to us needs:
-Something flat to crash on when pickeled.
-And a porta potti to keep her happy.
Even a radio has a hard time in 6' waves.

Allthough in your list after a descent poker run you can take all of these out easily, I have seen those items on the floor in pieces in other boats many times.
-refrigerator
-microwave oven
and usually the air conditioning is t!ts up after a good pounding.

offshoredrillin 03-03-2005 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
Ed you got it right now, for the inside an offshore boat cabin to us needs:
-Something flat to crash on when pickeled.
-And a porta potti to keep her happy.
Even a radio has a hard time in 6' waves.

Allthough in your list after a descent poker run you can take all of these out easily, I have seen those items on the floor in pieces in other boats many times.
-refrigerator
-microwave oven
and usually the air conditioning is t!ts up after a good pounding.

Ya know thats exactly why I went with the Tiger and not the 419 I was looking at. all last season, never once used the fridge, the microwave or the head(although my daughter did once). Thats why I was asking you and Craig so many questions:D

Edward R. Cozzi 03-03-2005 10:43 AM

Plugged the shorepower in ONCE the whole time we owned the boat!

Only to use the battery charger if I remember correctly.

Interceptor 03-03-2005 10:46 AM

Better finish in engine compartment, paint vs gel.
Paint transom black
Konrad drives

ed

cuda 03-03-2005 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi
Thinking back to the 40' Hustler 1994 that my partner and I ordered with triple 502 Magnums and Blackhawk drives.
!!

Last year I saw a 38 Scarab powered the same way. It was at a shop and for sale at a great price if you can stand the maintenance.