Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What would you different? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97527-what-would-you-different.html)

thunderdan 03-02-2005 11:52 AM

What would you different?

What do you wish that you had done different with your last boat you built or bought and will do with the next one. For example on my last boat I said I wish that I spent a bit more money and did better graphics.

I am talking about things like added different sea strainers, or jumped up power a bit, changed drives, added AC, or even not put AC or a generator etc and why.

And also what things would be mandatory in your next boat as far as options and accesories. For example I will always have a boat with prelubers, an intercom system, sea strainers, swim platform, etc...

Chris288 03-02-2005 12:33 PM

Re: What would you different?

I wish I didn't buy new,, but at the time I had a trade so I was kinda limited. while the boat was being built, I sold my trade. Then 2 weeks before I was supposed to take deliver and the dealer I bought the boat from screwed me out of 3 grand, when he asked me if I wanted my deposit back I should have jumped on it.. I would have looked for someting a couple of years old,, bigger w/ bigger power.

I also would have saved myself 5 grand and went with just the 496 mag, and hopped it up to 525 with a Raylar package for the same money the H.O. cost.

Tantrum 03-02-2005 12:37 PM

........Dan.........what are you doing?? :cool:

Just got your new cell number,
Ill call later to say hello.

Miller 03-02-2005 12:39 PM

I wouldn't have bought a Baja! :eek:

And, I'd have made better friends with faster, bigger boats...and no time to use them - so I could run them for 'em!!! :evilb: :D

t500hps 03-02-2005 12:45 PM

I believe I will be doing a Raylar power package in my next one!!!

Fountain38SC 03-02-2005 01:07 PM

I would have bought the boat with bigger power and better drives. It just does not pay to start over with power and drives.

TxHawk 03-02-2005 01:31 PM

#6's and staggered. Oh well.

Sean H 03-02-2005 03:29 PM

better drives... :cool: but i have bought a new aluminum trailer, getting the boat painted, redoing the interior, changing the gaugues, throttles, stereo.. adding an intercom.... other than that, it was just right.... oh yeah, probably whipples next year..... then a new, bigger cat :rolleyes: :D

BajaRunner 03-02-2005 03:35 PM

paid cash :rolleyes:

excursion 03-02-2005 04:24 PM

I would like some FLASHY graphics and a 12v/120 refrigerator. Genset would be nice but have only needed it once last year. Other than that I love the 37AT. :D