Default Re: Heading South

i love that rig!!!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by VelocityMike
Hey Will have a good trip down south. I tried to call you a few weeks ago but you never called me back. Look for forward to staying in your hotel on April!!!!

Be Safe Buddy!!!!
Sorry if you left a message, but I honestly never got it. My cell phone went MIA for almost a week the weekend that you were supposed to come to OC. I figured that you might come by the hotel if you did not get me on the phone, but I never heard from you. I just figured that you did not make it down that weekend. I am sorry man. I did not mean to leave you hangin'. Here is the whole story.

We had a depth sounder added to the GPS unit in the boat and my phone evidently came off while I was checking out the "hockey puck" in the bilge, following up behind the installers. I had no idea that I had even lost the phone until I got home that night. The clip was there, but no phone.

I had no idea where the phone was and finally back tracked enough a few days later and found it. It was down in the bilge by the sea strainers. It was wet from rain water and would not come on, so I thought that it had answered it's last call. I took it home, removed the battery and left it on top of the hot water heater to see if it would dry out and start working again. This had worked before when it fell into the water at the boat ramp, so I decided to try it again.

I left it on the water heater for a few days, installed a new battery and it came on, but would not receive a signal. The last time that it got wet it came back on after drying out without any problems, but this time it didn't. It lost all of the numbers that were stored in it and evidently lost the program too because it had to be "zapped" by the folks at the Nextel store.

For future reference for anybody using Nextel, I thought that I was going to have to reprogram all of the phone numbers back into my phone, but the Nextel guy was able to partially restore that as well. I had the phone in the store this past summer to replace a broken cover (the part that flips open) and they evidently stored my phone list in their computer. They claim that they do this for everybody any time they work on a phone. In the long run I only lost the numbers that I had entered in since they last worked on it. Pretty cool.

Everybody teases me saying that my phone is a dinosaur (Nextel i1000), but it keeps working. It has been soaking wet twice and it came back to life both times. The guy at the Nextel store said that it was a bit corroded inside (I didn't tell him that it had been in the salt water before), but it is still going! So to make this story short, call me now. It works.

Once again, I am sorry that I left you hangin', but I will make up for it when you guys come down in April.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Robert Geoghegan
Hey Will,
Haven't seen you in a while-hope you have a great trip! Are you going to make it to any of the OPA races this year? I'm sure they could use another "patrol" boat on the course...Can't wait to see your Apache!
Bob
Hey Bob. I would love to get to some of the OPA events this year. It would be great to see you, Mark and Dennis to catch up a little. I actually spoke to Dennis a few days ago, but it has been a while since I have talked to Mark. As long as we have the help here at the hotel this summer, I should be able to get away. If all else fails, you guys will have to come here so that we can tear up the go carts again!
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by East Coast B
We were just in OCMD for the boat show weekend, dammed windy and cold! Surprised at how much of the boardwalk was open and how many people were there. The dammed Thrashers fries stand had a line a mile long, the wind blowing, freezing temps and they still had a line a block long! A few beers on the Ft. Lauderdale strips sounds REAL good!
That is crazy isn't it? Standing out in the cold waiting in line for french fries. You know, if you ever want Thrasher's fries in the summer, there is another one right on the boardwalk at 9th street and there is never a line there. Same name, same fries, no lines!

The beer idea does sound good. Maybe we can hook up with some OSO people while we are down there. We will have a few days to kill after the class. Who knows, maybe we will get involved in the weekly floating reporter report from LS Jr.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
That is crazy isn't it? Standing out in the cold waiting in line for french fries. You know, if you ever want Thrasher's fries in the summer, there is another one right on the boardwalk at 9th street and there is never a line there. Same name, same fries, no lines!

The beer idea does sound good. Maybe we can hook up with some OSO people while we are down there. We will have a few days to kill after the class. Who knows, maybe we will get involved in the weekly floating reporter report from LS Jr.
Sure. Just tell me when and where and I'll have the camera with me. when will you be in SoFL?

LS JR.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wil,
Have fun on your trip to FLA....and lets definately get the gang together this spring for some go carting.Really liked the spread on your boat in Extreme Boats magazine....that Apache was always one of my favorite race boats.Hope to talk to you soon.

Mark
Old 03-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Sure. Just tell me when and where and I'll have the camera with me. when will you be in SoFL?

LS JR.
Depending on when we get out of here, we will be in Ft. Lauderdale Wednseday night or Thursday morning. It is only gonna be a short stop that day because we have to be in Bradenton on Friday with the trailer unless the folks at Myco are there on Saturdays (I don't know yet). After dropping the trailer off, we are free until Monday AM. We are taking the driving school with Tres in Orlando on Monday and Tuesday. When that is finished we have Wednesday and Thursday to kill before picking the trailer up from Myco on Friday. Then we will be back in Ft. Lauderdale to get the boat.

Maybe we can hook up while we are there. I will PM you my cell phone number and you do the same if you will. I don't know if we will get the Apache wet on this trip or not because it has to be winterized before heading back here. It will depend on how the days fall and how things go. Hey, if all else fails we may beg and plead for a run with you guys.

I was hoping to stay for the FPC run to Key Largo the following weekend, but that is out now. I have to be back in OC for settlement on a piece of property on the 28th and there is no way that we can do that poker run and be back here in time. Anyhow, check your PM box. I will send it now.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
Hey Wil,
Have fun on your trip to FLA....and lets definitely get the gang together this spring for some go carting.Really liked the spread on your boat in Extreme Boats magazine....that Apache was always one of my favorite race boats.Hope to talk to you soon.

Mark
That sounds like a plan. After we get kicked off of the go cart track we will splash the Apache and go burn up some fuel. I really want to get to some of the OPA events this year. I had so much fun up there with you guys! I didn't make any last year because I just never made the time. I will make a point of it this year.

I think that Ron did a great job with the article. I am gonna try to get him back this summer to get some good running pics for us. I think that I might just be able to twist his arm enough to get him to come back for a boat ride and another round of golf!

Last edited by Hot Duck; 03-04-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

hey hd , coming to the oss race in april?

Quick Reply: Heading South

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.