Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Apache- THE TRUTH EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97569-apache-truth-exposed.html)

ApacheCarl 03-05-2005 02:22 PM

Re: Apache- THE TRUTH EXPOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Hang Time 27
Seems to me , at this point, building and selling deep vee offshore powerboats without steps would be like selling TV's without color. The technology has come and conquered. Will all new Apaches come with an 8-track player standard?

A color TV won't barrel roll or spinout and eject you from your home.

Hang Time 27 03-05-2005 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
A color TV won't barrel roll or spinout and eject you from your home.

Spoken like a true sailboater.....

And oh yes it will if you don't know how to drive it:D. That's like saying you wouldn't build a motorcycle because they only have two wheels and could fall over!................

Some people are good drivers, and some should just be owners.

Comanche3Six 03-05-2005 05:51 PM

Spoken like a true sailboater.....

And oh yes it will if you don't know how to drive it:D. That's like saying you wouldn't build a motorcycle because they only have two wheels and could fall over!................

Some people are good drivers, and some should just be owners.

Bravely Spoken.
Have fun in the emergency room.

ApacheCarl 03-05-2005 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Bravely Spoken.

LOL no kidding, We have a Darwin Award finalist here.

Hang Time 27 03-05-2005 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Bravely Spoken.

From driving a TV ?? I doubt it. When I said "that it will if you don't know how to drive it" I was refering to the TV.

I've been tossed at 80, and no emergency room was involved. c

ApacheCarl 03-05-2005 07:36 PM

From driving a TV ?? I doubt it. When I said "that it will if you don't know how to drive it" I was refering to the TV.

I've been tossed at 80, and no emergency room was involved. c

I rest my case.

Hang Time 27 03-05-2005 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by ApacheCarl
LOL no kidding, We have a Darwin Award finalist here.

Seriously, how many accidents can be attributed to the "slide and hook" of a step bottom OFF THE RACE COURSE?? I don't think there are many high performance offshore boaters that are into high speed turns any more than there are high performance motorcyclists that love to drive in the rain.

Fear and respect of the machine and nature is what keeps one safe, more so than the design of the vehicle...............

drypipetiger 03-05-2005 07:46 PM

I don't think there are many high performance offshore boaters that are into high speed turns any more than there are high performance motorcyclists that love to drive in the rain......

Do a search, during the summer months there were spinnouts nearly every weekend for a while.

Ron P 03-05-2005 08:02 PM

Seriously, how many accidents can be attributed to the "slide and hook" of a step bottom OFF THE RACE COURSE?? I don't think there are many high performance offshore boaters that are into high speed turns any more than there are high performance motorcyclists that love to drive in the rain.

Fear and respect of the machine and nature is what keeps one safe, more so than the design of the vehicle...............

You need to read my next installment about the insurance industry.

When you got "Tossed", were you wearing the lanyard and a vest?

Hang Time 27 03-05-2005 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by lchornet
Except that the stepped technology has been around since the first power boats in th early 1900's. Its not new by any means.

I did not mean to imply that it was new, only that it seems to be prevalent in todays performance boats.