Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97670-outerlimits-working-hard-new-spped-record-facts.html)

Smarty 03-08-2005 01:00 PM

Re: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Originally Posted by Panther
Didn't Wild Child run F-2 and won a lot of races.

YEAH, 10 YEARS AGO WILD CHILD WAS COMPETITIVE BUJT NOT THE FASTEST (IT SEEMS THAT LONG AG0). BUT THE POINT IS VALID ABOUT SUPER VEE AND SUPER VEE LIGHT. IT IS ALL FOUNTAIN. EVERY SO OFTEN SOMEONE ELSE MAY PICK UP THE CHECKERED FLAG, BUT REALITY IS FOUNTAIN HAS BEEN DOMINANT IN THOSE CLASSES

Panther 03-08-2005 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Greig Lutz
I hope they both live through this . I heard Reggie was going to the N.Y.C. poker run this year.Can't wait , even if he just brings a stock 42 it will be fun.

I think running 170+ in a poker run is pure stupidity. It's not Mike or Reggie I'm worried about, it's the other guys out there that don't know what the hell they are doing that will kill you.

Plus, 170 MPH in the hudson river isn't the smartest thing. I don't think they'll be able to see a submerged telephone pole at 170+, a 55 galon drum, or a "dead horse" (true story) that a friend of mine hit in a race a number of years ago.

Pit 03-08-2005 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Panther
Didn't Wild Child run F-2 and won a lot of races.

Yup and still running around in NJ...

bojoe2 03-08-2005 08:39 PM

tko obsession thats a new ol race boat its harry turner and its a sweet stock boat heard it was traded in 1 year old and he bought it used no light lay up noting special just off the shelf pleasure boat.

Sean H 03-08-2005 09:30 PM

DPT, you are still assuming they want to race boats... what if they don't? what if they want to build killer poker run boats that are the fastest boats out there? not everybody cares about racing....

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-08-2005 09:40 PM

Hey Tracie,

Let see them manufacturers show up for the race on June 18th! 1st boat to the Tappan Zee wins!

Just like the offshore racing classes being stocked up with Fountains, odds are pretty good that one of them would win.
In the end, being awarded many championships.

At this upcoming event you can rest assured there will be many Outerlimits stocked there too. Not only will they win because of the amount of Outerlimits entered, but also because of their pure speed! Maybe this year will be different, and some of the "High-tech" Fountains will actually attempt the Hudson... :rolleyes:

A race course is a race course. Straight or circle.

At least with a straight course, it reduces the chances of a Fountain spinning out. ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-08-2005 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
do not state that somebodies boat building company is the GOD of all Powerboats.

:D :D :D I had to laugh at that comment Dennis.... :D :D :D

Only because you have pitching the BBs as if they were the "God of all Powerboats"

I'm not knocking them, but they have only been raced in the P-Class circuit correct? As you stated, P-Class doesn't count.... :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-08-2005 09:54 PM

I guess I'll never see you at Englishtown Drag Strip then huh? :D

I did drags with my Outboard. Even went out to PA to watch a few where your buddy George Fuller was racing. OOps! To you, he wasn't racing. :rolleyes:

People take their $hit seriously whether it's a 1/4 mile in a straight line or running 2 mile circles. Racing is racing. That is until you have to pull back on the throttle because you may be going too fast..... :drink:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-08-2005 10:10 PM

Hey your back D!

Do you have a Link for Tony's boats? :confused:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-08-2005 10:15 PM

I guess you never attended NY huh? :confused:

There are 2 events that happen on that day.

Not instigating. I really am looking for a link for TP's website. I would like to add it to my Manufacturers page.