Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97670-outerlimits-working-hard-new-spped-record-facts.html)

jeaston 03-24-2005 04:20 PM

Re: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Originally Posted by Sean H
me too.... :drink:

So you still thinking about Sarasota?

Sean H 03-24-2005 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by jeaston
So you still thinking about Sarasota?

yep, especially yesterday when it was snowing... :mad:

ApachePete 03-24-2005 04:22 PM

If you feel like i was taking stabs at your info, too bad, get over it... the bottom line is unless you have both boats with the same power on the same day and running in the same water it is a moot point to argue about 1-2 MPH either way...

plus T2x does know what he is talking about...[/QUOTE]

Right on.
:cool:

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-24-2005 04:24 PM

Actually I do not know everything but in this instance I guess I know more then you!!!!!!! Sorry just stating the facts. You guys take this stuff a little to personal. Things that make you go HHHHHHHHMMMMM!!!!!!!! Relax and have a few drinks tonight. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Starkey,
I read that info in Powerboat Magazine where I got my stats from.
:evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

DollaBill 03-24-2005 04:25 PM

I was thinking of buying a 42 PR for myself, but I want at least a 1/2 cabin. The PR just doesn't have the height to do it (IMO). To have the PR you need 2 boats - 1 for cruising/sleeping and the PR to haul azzzzzzzzzz

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-24-2005 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Having sat in one before at a few boat shows I think some kind of cabin could be put it but it be more of a bunny pad rather then couches or a head.

Where would the entrance be? Thru a deck hatch? :confused:

Sean H 03-24-2005 04:33 PM

you are the one that got your ego bruised when i just asked if it had a cabin or not.... and then you started quoting powerboat which pretty much ended the conversation of who is really smarter anyway... don't drink too much tonight, you don't have too many braincells to spare buddy ..... :drink: and i don't take this personal at all, i don't own a vee and probably won't anytime soon, but i do know how to compare a sit down, cut down deck version versus an equivalent boat...

but if you do know more than me, how does the 42 PR weigh the same as the 42 Lighting? just using your facts and the fountain website? :drink:

Sean H 03-24-2005 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Where would the entrance be? Thru a deck hatch? :confused:

sharkey, dpt probably thinks that boat has the same deck as the lighting does... go easy on him, he doesn't like nor-techs either.... :rolleyes:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-24-2005 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Sharkey,
I read that info in Powerboat Magazine where I got my stats from.

And they allowed them to print that? :eek:

You need to find out where Fountain is using the woven roving fiberglass in their boats and why.... :confused:

It just doesn't make much sense to mix that material with other better forms of glass other than to build thickness quickly. Woven fibers loose some strength from the friction every time they rub each other in the manufacturing process of the cloth. Knitted fibers are stronger because they do not endure the friction while being made.

This really surprises me TRACIE... :eek:

Sean H 03-24-2005 04:41 PM

you get what you pay for in a fountain.... and that includes woven glass... but you get a free gold chain and satin jogging suit, so it is all good.. :D