Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97670-outerlimits-working-hard-new-spped-record-facts.html)

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-24-2005 04:49 PM

Re: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

Sean H,

Easy there boy. You getting to hot head for no reason at all. Relax man I not trying to pick an argument with you. My stats all came from Powerboat Magazine. Simply stated this bickering on who is better and so forth really means nothing in the long wrong. Both companies build great boats but I just think that if you are going to compare Apples to Apples at least let the Apples be very close to the equivalent of one another. The reason for me posting the stats from Powerboat was to show that the 39 is a smaller boat then the 42. the Fountain winds up being a 39 without the platform and the Outerlimits without its platform may be 38'(Not to sure on that though). Reggie has always gotten away for selling a 42 when in measuring stats it is actually a 39' but then take the beak away and it is probably who knows. A very good friend of mine once told me that no matter what a manufacturer says the length is it is never that real length. The length should be the amount of running surface at the bottom of the hull.(Good friend of Starkey's as well). Just trying to add facts to the the thread but I guess facts were turned into people thinking I was taking jabs at them. OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!

DollaBill 03-24-2005 04:49 PM

oh boy. somebody is getting biyotch slapped.

jeaston 03-24-2005 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
yep, especially yesterday when it was snowing... :mad:

May be going to LOTO to pick up a boat to take down, might mean we would have to stop by Ft. Lauderdale on the way back :D :drink: I had a 42' fountain that (one time) did 114mph, pretty consistent 104. :D :drink:

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-24-2005 04:59 PM

I have read and watched and viewed personally many things on Outerlimits. Mike and his entire Family and Staff build great high performance powerboats and at no way am I knocking that. His family has been involved in the high perfomance industry even before Outerlimits was a reality for him. I hope they continue to do what they have been doing for along time but I still would like to see Outerlimits make a return to the Offshore Racing World. Hopefully one day they will.

T2x 03-24-2005 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
that is what i was thinking.... so what is more impressive a full cabin boat going 95.8 or a no cabin boat going 96.8? :cool:

or an outboard cat doing 127?

This is all rubbish anyway....... The fact that a massive monohull can go 97 or 99 mph with almost 1100 horsepower, using engines that can't be run wide open for any length of time..... but has a full galley...complete with a micro wave that explodes when the seas reach 5 feet...somehow does not define performance boating for me.

T2x............ :p :p :p

Miller 03-24-2005 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
or an outboard cat doing 127?

This is all rubbish anyway....... The fact that a massive monohull can go 97 or 99 mph with almost 1100 horsepower, using engines that can't be run wide open for any length of time..... but has a full galley...complete with a micro wave that explodes when the seas reach 5 feet...somehow does not define performance boating for me.

T2x............ :p :p :p

T2x, some day I hope you'll overcome your shyness and tell us how you REALLY FEEL! :evilb:

Been swamped. Can we catch up tomorrow or over the weekend?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-24-2005 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
I still would like to see Outerlimits make a return to the Offshore Racing World. Hopefully one day they will.

Tracie,

You keep saying that, but in reality Outerlimits has never left.

There always seems to be at least one of their boats out there.

Here just as recent as the 2004 season:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-24-2005 05:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some the other boats that have been on the racing circuit in the past:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-24-2005 05:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And not to mention all of these that showed up for the NY Event:

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-24-2005 05:22 PM

Starkey,

P class or Poker Running does not count as the type of racing I am refering to as it is not a level playing field with rules that regulate each manufacturer from being more competitive than another and the second post of pics are from years prior. OL hull have changed a bit since then and I would just really like to see them on the race course go for the checkered flag once again.