Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97670-outerlimits-working-hard-new-spped-record-facts.html)

Sean H 03-31-2005 06:25 AM

Re: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

fountain guys are holding on by a string.... i hope that string never breaks... :D :evilb: :D

AMERICAN BAD A$$ 03-31-2005 07:38 AM

O/L has been as fast as 161 mph , Fountain has been as fast as 177 mph , 16 mph seems more like a Titanium chain than a string .

DollaBill 03-31-2005 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by AMERICAN BAD A$$
O/L has been as fast as 161 mph , Fountain has been as fast as 177 mph , 16 mph seems more like a Titanium chain than a string .

OL's proof of 161 was with a "state of the art GPS" (???WTF?Funny). Reggie and Ben saw 183 coming out of the 177 run. I can't find any pictures or even video of an OL running anywhere near record speeds.

Still like and respect OL, but give up the "fastest V" challenge stuff already. If they even get close to the 160 mark Reggie will pull out the lastest top secret weapon and blow away the 200 mark. He's just waiting.

outer42 03-31-2005 09:36 AM

What,s the secret weapon another check to
John!!!!!! :D

DollaBill 03-31-2005 10:19 AM

Why wait? Because it's his ass on the line.....literally. There's a good chance of not coming back from these runs, don't you think?

JUSTONCE 03-31-2005 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by lchornet
Why is it that only a few of us understand this? GPS doesn't mean Chit!. Every speed record in the world is measured by time over distance. How could anyone even consider that the OL run on GPS means anything? I have nothing against OL. The only time I've been over 110 in a boat was in an OL, and it was a great ride. But if they want the KILO record, go to a Kilo run, and do it. None of this BS secret stuff in the middle of Feb, someplace off RI on GPS crap. and all the rumors of what they run in "practice" are just that, rumors. I heard that John Force ran a 2.9 1/4 mile run at 375 mph in practice :evilb: :evilb:

2.9 would be closer to 415mph on the curve. :eek: :D :D

88Fount33 03-31-2005 10:39 AM

Time for Reggie to bust out the twin 4000 hp turbines! :D

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-31-2005 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually from what I heard the SECRET WEAPON is something that will finally put this thread to rest. The weapon is going to ***** SLAP the living hell out of most people on this thread. I heard a little about the Secret Weapon last weekend. Should be really interesting when ever the event takes place. I wonder if Skater has thought about getting involved in this non sense. Would be cool to see how the 399 Skater V bottom would do with the kind of power OL and Fountain have been running. Although I don't think the Skater Factory would get involved unless an individual came to them with $$$$'s to try to prove this. Should be a great run when ever it takes place. Here you go boyz just the thing you wish would happen to me. LOL!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: