Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/97670-outerlimits-working-hard-new-spped-record-facts.html)

bojoe2 03-07-2005 06:39 AM

Re: Outerlimits Working Hard On New Spped Record The Facts

ok here we go dennis you had to say STARKY you had to say STARKY why, now THE REAL DPT MEANING is going to come out. tim he opened the door!

bojoe2 03-07-2005 06:54 AM

DPT I'm not 100% on this but isn't Reggie only a employee of Fountain Powerboats, didn't he loose the company several years back. He had spent to much of the company's moneys on racing technology's and bankrupt the company. I think they are owned now by the Brunswick Co. isn't that Bayliner also great reputation they have. I remember reading that in powerboat magazine. Last time i looked a 37 year old guy Mike Fiorie owns Outerlimits. he must be doing something rite. I think Mike should just keep things the way they are, it seems to work for him.

Sean H 03-07-2005 07:18 AM

DPT, i don't think mike is trying to sell race boats, he is trying to sell high dollar poker run boats, and this type of thing is important to somebody laying out 500k or 1M for a boat, its about bragging rights.... some of you guys are taking this too personally, this is about two guys with big egos, its not about racing or the better boat or anything, it is whoever can put two good engines, which neither one builds themselves, into a lightweight, severly limited use hull, and gets lucky with the weather, water and fate that day..... and nobody takes straight line speed seriously? tell that to the boats that show up for the LOTO shootout or numerous other radar runs around the country..... i see offshore racing fractured and dying and poker runs growing and thriving.... which builder is on the right path?

DJD 03-07-2005 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Outerlimits needs to run a Super V or F2 in some real competition.

We did run in F2 against many big names. Reggie, Reggie Jr, Ben Robertson, Steve David, and the Very hard to beat Invensys boys David & Roger. Not to mention the non fountain boats. We saw the back of their boats at the finish lines and they saw the back of ours. There was PLENTY of competition & one of the CIGARETTES won the worlds with us in second (on one engine with a blown coupler).
As far as all the "OL guys" talking trash, I believe it is the other way around.
Finally, why on earth should Outerlimits (the factory) go racing???? They are booked over two years building boats that start around $350K. Do you think racing would be a good business plan?

CustomRigger101 03-07-2005 07:46 AM

OK the real question for all is... when is cig going to get back into the game???????

dykstra 03-07-2005 08:26 AM

I hope all is safe! :(

mr_velocity 03-07-2005 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
It seems like mostly Fountain owners that are pitching a *****. They are afraid of someone taking the only good thing Fountain has left away. Outerlimits definately beats them in the "looks" dept, especially the fact that they dont have that ridiculous 10' beak! :eek:

I think the *****ing is because Reggie did it right, set the record at a santioned event. Mike posted a picture of a GPS.

Hauling Trash 03-07-2005 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by bojoe2
DPT I'm not 100% on this but isn't Reggie only a employee of Fountain Powerboats, didn't he loose the company several years back. He had spent to much of the company's moneys on racing technology's and bankrupt the company. I think they are owned now by the Brunswick Co. isn't that Bayliner also great reputation they have. I remember reading that in powerboat magazine. Last time i looked a 37 year old guy Mike Fiorie owns Outerlimits. he must be doing something rite. I think Mike should just keep things the way they are, it seems to work for him.

Joe

Reggie still owns Fountain powerboats.

His the Chairman/CEO/President

Mike

DJD 03-07-2005 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
DJD,

The fact that you proved it on the race course and not in a non sanctioned speed run is what I am referring to.

No problem at all!

Back4More 03-07-2005 10:55 AM

Dam right...I chose a Fountain when I was shopping cause they are the fastest and safest boats built. :cool: