Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Notices

Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Old 03-05-2005, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Has anybody taken there boats to lake winnipesaukee and if so did they like it. Looking to take my boat to a hotel with dock space. Whats there to do? Wheres the place to stay?
Thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Registered

Default Re: Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

I did but it was back in the early/mid 90's. There has been quite the hullabaloo concerning Lake Winnie as of late. First there was a group that tried to impose a speed limit on the lake, that got blasted "out of the water". (every pun intended). Now it appears they are trying to stop "raftng".

There are several members on this board that can offer much better information. I am sure they will chime in as soon as they see this Thread. Be sure to keep it near the top for a few days.

The "Lake" is just gorgous. The problem appears to be a bunch of tree hugging green weenies that want nothing but kyaks and canoes on the lake. They want the lake "all for themselves" and think that no one else who doesn't "think like them" has no business on "their" lake. It's pathetic.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Several places to stay....
1) Ames farm (Gilford) Great ramp at facility NE charm cabins and a lodge
2) The king birch motor inn located in Alton bay 2 docks sand bottom and 1 cabin and Motor lodge type rooms Owners Dee and Forrest Great people Fellow Power boater (Eliminator cat)
http://www.kingbirchmotorlodge.com/
3) The Nazwa.. Located in Paugus Channel Cabins, Beach bar lodge type rooms across the street (Hoppin Place/watering Hole ) Great people as well.. www.naswa.com
4)There Is a place in center harbor Under new ownership Really fixed up and have dock space it was called the Meadows it is a little off the betten path but a quiet location in the town of center harbor..
As for the lake... Been on it my whole life Think its 1 of the greatest places to boat in NE the marine Patrol can Be Weenies and they have a DB law that is strictly enforced
Im there most every weekend and would be glad to Show you around or give sdvice on places to stay.. there are several other members on here that also live on the lake...
If you come up Welcome !!!
For more Links to the lake log on to
www.winnilakers.com
If you wanted to stay on your boat there is a nice marina in west alton,, called West Alton Marine they can Usualy hook you up with a slip..Shower facility and camping facility on site,,
There is a sand bar just outside the channel to the marina (Great hang out!)

Last edited by blownincome; 03-05-2005 at 09:54 AM.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful lake. Many towns around the lake with free docking to wander thought the towns. Many places to eat by boat. Last time there I put 20 miles on my truck all week...went everywhere by boat (over 200 miles)
I usually stay at the Naswa...nice docks and beach bar right there. Sandy Point Resort is nice but docks are limited to about 21/22 foot boats.
Get yourself a Bizer map www.bizer.com to find your way around.
More info at www.winnipesaukee.com.
Like others have said the noise Nazis are a PIA so be forewarned.
Oops forgot , weekends can get a little crazy on the water.Weekdays are absolutely gorgeous.
Another place www.silversands.com

Last edited by mopower; 03-05-2005 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Registered

HELLO BMAN...Lake Winnipesaukee is a beautiful, large lake that does get busy on weekends but is not a big deal...Formula Outlaw's concerns are NOT an issue...The treehuggers are PITA's but nothing more...If you obey the UNIVERSAL laws of the water you should be good to go...The NASWA resort @ the channel sounds like the place you want to stay...Docks with cottages, nice beach with a hoppin' bar, & a good restaurant w/bar...hope this helps...JAY
Old 03-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by velocitoy
HELLO BMAN...Lake Winnipesaukee is a beautiful, large lake that does get busy on weekends but is not a big deal...Formula Outlaw's concerns are NOT an issue...The treehuggers are PITA's but nothing more...If you obey the UNIVERSAL laws of the water you should be good to go...The NASWA resort @ the channel sounds like the place you want to stay...Docks with cottages, nice beach with a hoppin' bar, & a good restaurant w/bar...hope this helps...JAY

I did not realize that I had posted any "concerns", much less any "issues". I just posted what I know has been going on up there as of late.

It is up to each individual to decide for themself what may, or may not, be a concern. It is certainly not up to me to decide that for anyone else, and I don't believe I did.

I also pointed out that there were others on this Forum who were much better qualified to give the info that was originally asked.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Lake winni is gorgeous. The water is clean and the boating is great.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look out for the rocks!!!
Old 03-05-2005, 11:20 AM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One not so universal law of the water , lets not forget , anything less that 150' from another vessel...idle speed aka no wake. Not everybody obeys this , and the MPs can ticket you for it , and boy does it pizz some people off when you don't obey it.(jetskis and performance boats usually get the blame . After all well all know you never see the rented 19' bowrider do this
Old 03-05-2005, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Raced on the lake for years.It is real nice.

Quick Reply: Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.