Loto Shootout Moved To Horney Toad From Shooters >

Loto Shootout Moved To Horney Toad From Shooters

Notices

Loto Shootout Moved To Horney Toad From Shooters

Old 03-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loto Shootout Moved To Horney Toad From Shooters

Heard This Week The Races Will Be At The 6 Mile Mark At Horney Toad Cove For Three Years Then Back To Shooters. That Is The Roughest Part Of The Lake. Just Wondering If Anyone Knows The Reason Other Than Maybe Money.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Loto Shootout Moved To Horney Toad From Shooters

There's a lot of "rumors" going around right now. I wouldn't put much faith in it right now. Although it's my understanding the the Shootout will be at Shooters this year just as it has been.

Buck
Old 03-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Registered

That would be cool if true....I would be able to hear from my dock and almost see it from there!
Old 03-05-2005, 09:42 PM
Registered

We were at the Horny Toad last Sunday and Merlyn, the owner, came in and sat down at a table next to us. I overheard him talking about it with someone but at that time it sounded like he was unsure what was going to happen. He did say that it would stay at Shooters this year. Other than that, anything else I may have thought I heard would just be a rumor. By the way, the Horny Toad has some new docks and has added some new sea wall attached to the docks to break the water up.

Moving the Shootout to Toad Cove is great for me because we are at the 2mm. We don't have to go 19miles up lake through the rough stuff to get there. That's also right in Dave Scott's back yard.

No mater where it is we'll be there because it's just a flat out blast to watch that stuff and see everything.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:39 PM
Registered

I sure hope that is the case, we have a house in 6mile cove so that would be interesting. Like everyone else said, I imagine everything is just rumors so far, but we'll see.
Old 03-06-2005, 06:18 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

I also heard that the shootout will remain at the 21mm for one more year. Seems like the new owners' of Shooters aren't quite ready to start their new condo project and therefore have agreed to rent their docks/space to the lake fire districts for this last shootout.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Registered

The view form the cove is something I hadn't thought of. Shooters has more of a panoramic view while Toad cove kind of wraps itself in with limited side to side view at lake level. With the new hotel/meeting complex they are adding they may be able to see over everything and have a great view from that level but no one else in the cove would.

To me the lake does not seem to have the space in that area because it's right in the bend area of Horse Shoe bend vs. Shooters has that nice 6-8 miles of nothing but straight lake. I know the lake is probably wider in the area around Toad Cove. I have never gone over 70mph in a boat in that area so I really haven't had to worry :-) but if I were going 150 + I'd want to be sure the space is available to properly shut down safely.

Anyone one else have any thoughts on that?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

as for as the water being rough that is why they make the shooters area a no wake for miles to keep it from getting rough, there is probably a larger view at the toad then shooters ever thought of having, if you are sitting at shooters you see a very small amount of the race course as you look out the cove, as for as space there is as much if not more for shut down area depending on were they start and finish which at shooters you do not see the beginning are the end, there is just as much dock space at the toad as shooters in my opinion and besides all of that i could probably sit on my deck and watch them go by

later
Old 03-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

i talked about this yesterday with a guy who ran shooters. His understading is an agreement has been reached to keep it at Shooters, even after the condo project.

Toad cove was rejected by the powers to be for safety reasons. That part of the lake is open on both sides, unlike the 21MM where there are cliffs on one side. They would have to let boats line up on both sides of the course, and that was the safety issue.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by later
besides all of that i could probably sit on my deck and watch them go by

later
Sweet!! I know just where that is!!

Quick Reply: Loto Shootout Moved To Horney Toad From Shooters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.