Notices

Black Thunder 480SSC

Old 03-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Thunder 480SSC

Anyone have information on the 480SSC By Black Thunder? I seen their website and there is a little info but not much.

Thanks

From website:

No exterior pictures but a few insde ones.

All new for 2004 is Black Thunder's introduction of the 480 Super Sport Cruiser. The cabin amenities, which Black Thunder is know for have now become even more luxurious. A master stateroom features a half bath and privacy door, as well as an aft cabin for additional guests to stay in comfort are just the beginning. The SSC also features a full 6' 2" stand up shower, a luxury unavailable anywhere else in the industry. A full galley with two burner cook top, microwave and large refrigerator with ice maker for meal preparations.

A table with bench seating for four as well as a full size couch in the salon area accomodate space for eating and entertaining. A full bench seat in the back still allows room for seven passengers to ride in comfort. The additional space in the engine compartment will accommodate twin big horsepower with transmissions or a triple configuration.

If going fast during the day and over nights in luxurious comfort is your style this is the boat for you.

LOA 48'
Approx. Weight
14,000 lbs.
Deadrise 23°
Draft 31"
Fuel 280 gallons
Water 25 gallons
Waste 20 gallons
Old 03-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Black Thunder 480SSC

They started working on this project at least 4-5 years ago. I thought it was dead. My guess it will need triples to run or twins with #6 drives and big power. I would be very concerned about Bravo drives on this boat... BT likes to rig with Bravo drives.