Notices

Fountain VS. Hustler

Old 09-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drew where do you live? If your are serious about a hustler let me know. If you want to see how a slingshot runs bring some gas, your life jacket and we'll go for a ride. Then you will know, not what you heard on a message board with a bunch of darrs.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so now for some advice: in response to your question about furthering yourself as a driver/throttleman, The Hustler is the way to go in my opinion. The 388 Slingshot is a hull with a lot of sternlift and is a hull that will defiantly teach you a lot. But be careful. It is a stepped hull (it has 2 steps). A stepped (ventilated) hull is going to be more slippery than a traditional non-stepped hull. Mainly in the corners (when your turning). Do you have to drive it differently? that depends on your experience level. If you really know what your doing and know the hull and have a feel for whats going on beneath you then you can drive the sh*t out of it. In addition Hustlers are premium boats. Build quality is excellent, hull design is excellent. Everything is top notch. And while you wont re-sell it as easy as maybe a fountain, the people who will buy it wont beat you up as much cause they know its quality and hard to find. We (my grandfather) has a 388 and its one of my favorite boats ever. Its just sexy. Also for just some added info, when the 388 Slingshot came out in 1997 it was really the first boat to have all curves on the deck. Meaning no straight angled lines (like a fountain deck or most other boats from 97' earlier). Everything on the 388 was curved. if you look at a pic you will know what I mean. And this boat is what really started the craze for that style. Curved lines. Now almost everybody is doing it. All thanks to the man who designed that deck. Mark Schnepf. Who by the way is a genius. All in all Hustler is the way to go if I were you. Just tryin to give ya some knowledge hopefully this helped. Also, I am by no means saying the Fountain is a bad boat. But I happen to have more experience with the Hustler which is why I have said what I said.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Drew where do you live? If your are serious about a hustler let me know. If you want to see how a slingshot runs bring some gas, your life jacket and we'll go for a ride. Then you will know, not what you heard on a message board with a bunch of darrs.
I would take that offer up in a New York minute. But I'm on the north shore of Long Island . Are you anywhere near me. Port Jefferson
Old 09-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Drew, how dare you post without looking at the date on the posts! Don't worry, if you had started a new "Fountain vs Hustler" thread you would have been cyber lynched.

If you have line on a Hustler I would go check it out before making a decision.

The sister comment was great!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
The sister comment was great!
I respectfully disagree.....I would have really liked a mom or your momma joke right out of the gate.....lol
Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Coryc
Ok so now for some advice: in response to your question about furthering yourself as a driver/throttleman, The Hustler is the way to go in my opinion. The 388 Slingshot is a hull with a lot of sternlift and is a hull that will defiantly teach you a lot. But be careful. It is a stepped hull (it has 2 steps). A stepped (ventilated) hull is going to be more slippery than a traditional non-stepped hull. Mainly in the corners (when your turning). Do you have to drive it differently? that depends on your experience level. If you really know what your doing and know the hull and have a feel for whats going on beneath you then you can drive the sh*t out of it. In addition Hustlers are premium boats. Build quality is excellent, hull design is excellent. Everything is top notch. And while you wont re-sell it as easy as maybe a fountain, the people who will buy it wont beat you up as much cause they know its quality and hard to find. We (my grandfather) has a 388 and its one of my favorite boats ever. Its just sexy. Also for just some added info, when the 388 Slingshot came out in 1997 it was really the first boat to have all curves on the deck. Meaning no straight angled lines (like a fountain deck or most other boats from 97' earlier). Everything on the 388 was curved. if you look at a pic you will know what I mean. And this boat is what really started the craze for that style. Curved lines. Now almost everybody is doing it. All thanks to the man who designed that deck. Mark Schnepf. Who by the way is a genius. All in all Hustler is the way to go if I were you. Just tryin to give ya some knowledge hopefully this helped. Also, I am by no means saying the Fountain is a bad boat. But I happen to have more experience with the Hustler which is why I have said what I said.
I would like to think that I'm a skilled driver. I've had a couple 80+ mph boats but all in the 22'-25' range. None of them being step hulls. I've taken these little river rockets out in 5' swells and had a blast. Thing is I was told turning is different . In my old boats I would trim it in to turn. Now I'm being told that I need to trim it out with vented hull to put stern pressure on the boat to keep it from breaking loose ( paddle wheel) or (spin out). Any thoughts on this matter?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drew555
I would take that offer up in a New York minute. But I'm on the north shore of Long Island . Are you anywhere near me. Port Jefferson
Better yet you live right next to the factory! Call the guys over there they are super nice! I live near Rochester about 5 or 6 hours away is all. This weekend I will be in Syracuse for the chicken wing run so only 4-5 hrs from you. There will be 100 boats there so check them all out!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 82predictor
Better yet you live right next to the factory! Call the guys over there they are super nice! I live near Rochester about 5 or 6 hours away is all. This weekend I will be in Syracuse for the chicken wing run so only 4-5 hrs from you. There will be 100 boats there so check them all out!
Hustler is about 15 min from my house. I just can't bring myself to go there. I know I won't leave empty handed. My wife would kill me if I spent 300k. Funny thing is even though I live near them, there are only a handful around. I'm not stupid, I do believe that the hustler is a better boat, but does the cost +/- make that much of a difference . I do have 4 young boys. They tell me these little ****ers are going to cost me 500k each before they hit 18 yo. Wtf was I thinking. I could have had a couple of hustlers hahaa. **** I could be in a couple Dave's customs
Old 09-24-2014, 08:42 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I respectfully disagree.....I would have really liked a mom or your momma joke right out of the gate.....lol
As much as I appreciate a mom/momma joke, it's a bit overused. I was glad to see the sister being used. Plus, a sister is more likely to want to go fast.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coryc
I don't know anythinig about Hustlers. But look at the pic. To me the boat just looks unfinished. Compare it to a fountain 38. But by no means buy a brand new fountain. Get an older than new one

Quick Reply: Fountain VS. Hustler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.