Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Can someone tell why (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98059-can-someone-tell-why.html)

tomtbone1993 03-11-2005 08:35 AM

Re: Can someone tell why

i buy a new nortech every couple months, my passengers always wet their pants in the back seat :D

BLee 03-11-2005 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Can someone tell why a lot of NOR-TECH guys have a boat built. Run them for a few months & them sell them and build the same boat again.

I am asking this because you see a lot of 04 & 05 with low low hrs on them for sale

Rick OSG

Rick you could buy a new NorTech or Gladiator every month, but you're more creative with your money. :D :cool:

JCPERF 03-11-2005 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Can someone tell why a lot of NOR-TECH guys have a boat built. Run them for a few months & them sell them and build the same boat again.

I am asking this because you see a lot of 04 & 05 with low low hrs on them for sale

Rick OSG

Maybe someone walked on their boat with dogsh1t on their shoes and mashed it in to the carpet.So they decided to sell it. :evilb: :D

BGIII 03-11-2005 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Maybe someone walked on their boat with dogsh1t on their shoes and mashed it in to the carpet.So they decided to sell it. :evilb: :D

Now that's funny! Would love to hear "the rest of the story"

pm203 03-11-2005 10:08 AM

Rick,
As you know ,it can be alot of fun building a new boat.Alot of aggravation,but still alot of fun.I think these guys might see a nicer paint job or a better engine set up,and instead of modifying theirs,it is simpler and more fun to just commission a new one.

JCPERF 03-11-2005 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by BGIII
Now that's funny! Would love to hear "the rest of the story"

They used Ricks shoe as a scraper to get it off. :evilb: :D :eek:

LostinBoston 03-11-2005 11:19 AM

cuz they want something faster, bigger, different color, differnt seats, etc. Ive had mine for 3 months and ready to get a new one with bigger power if i could afford it. Now im saving up for a 43 with turbines though.

vette131 03-11-2005 11:30 AM

some people enjoy the building experience as much as the
boating experience, it must be nice.

FunHome 03-11-2005 11:53 AM

I figured that since Nor-tech doesn't have a lot of dealers, that some of these guy's are getting set up as dealers (because some are advertised as "New" or as a "Demo") and I can see how this could snow ball from talking to your buddy's about your new boat, then all of a sudden they want one, and the rest is history "hey if you want one I can get you a great deal on one" you know how it goes!!! Plus I'm sure there is a waiting list, like "Tim G."mentioned, and if you can sell your almost new boat for more than you paid for it and order another one, why not???

The possible perks I see in this are AWESOME!!
-then they can run (Dealer) D-Tag's (at least I know they can in Missouri)
-Dealer pricing???
-save on Taxes, Insurance, etc. (but they have to be Bonded, etc,)
-excuse to mess with boats more often!! :D
-More trips to Florida!! "to check on the progress of the boat's" :rolleyes:

Heck, If I had the money, I'd do it!!!

It reminds me of a similar situation around here a couple of years ago with Harley-Davidson's. When demand goes up so does the price!! People would pick up their new Bike, order another one, and place a add in the newspaper all in the same day. Of coarse they would add about 2 to 4 grand to the price, but since the demand was high, they could!! :rolleyes:

PhantomChaos 03-11-2005 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by vette131
some people enjoy the building experience as much as the
boating experience, it must be nice.

This proabably is very true in many cases. When taking a tour of the 157' megayacht "Liquidity" (3-months old - and only 2 feet longer that the previous 3-year old "Liquidity"), I asked the owner if he had a new one in the works. He said he has started his next two yachts already. It takes 2-3 years to build these things, and he said he loves the process of building a yacht. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he's major shareholder (like 1/2) of Christensen Shipyards! Price tag.....$25Million. :eek: :eek: :eek: :drink: :drink: :drink:

You know what is really funny.....he has it registered and NOT documented. :D :D