Homework Leads Police To Boat Vandals

Notices

Homework Leads Police To Boat Vandals

Old 03-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Re: Homework Leads Police To Boat Vandals

Originally Posted by Wasabe
Those kids should spend 6 months in Juvy. They need to get punked around. Maybe it might scare them straight and get them to think twice about committing another crime.
6 months my azz, the should do about 15 years of hard time and so should there parents for raising such idiot kids. I also hope the parents have to pay a fortune to fix this guys boat.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:11 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Homework Leads Police To Boat Vandals

Originally Posted by Harper220
Right on Wasabe!! 6 months might be a little harsh but give them a good scare anyway... I've caught kids vandalizing my car wash and they giggle and laugh and think this kind of stuff is cute...

i would of stuck one of those wands somewhere unpleasant and then put about 20 bucks of quarters in and then called the cops....
Old 03-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three fellonies and one misdemeanor per child per incident.... tried as adults they would be in federal prison, not jail, for a very long time. Thing is, being only 13 or 14 they won't be looked upon as adults and will have their records sealed forever when they turn 18. Now that harldy seems right.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
As I understand the law (help me out here Troutly!), those kids parents are liable for their childrens vandelous actions... and will be the ones finacially responsible for restitution to this man. If I were their parent, 6 months in juvy or even death would be a welcome relief from my rath!!!!! One word I just don't think kids today understand, and I see it nearly every day:

Damages are a civil matter unless the court imposes restitution as part of the sentence. The parents aren't getting sentenced, so they are not necessarily liable. Chances are their homeowners insurance would also cover the damage caused by their brats. Laws vary state to state. There are also issues as to whether the parents were negligent in supervising the brats.
You're also assuming that the parents have any money or give a crap. Best case is parents kick the crap out of them and make them pay for the damages. Worst case is the parents don't care and and this is just another line on their criminal record.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Three fellonies and one misdemeanor per child per incident.... tried as adults they would be in federal prison, not jail, for a very long time. Thing is, being only 13 or 14 they won't be looked upon as adults and will have their records sealed forever when they turn 18. Now that harldy seems right.

Records being sealed is a myth. Your criminal record is their forever.

As far as prison. For a $5000 destruction of property, State prison--maybe but doubtful. Federal Prison-never.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As I understand the law (help me out here Troutly!), those kids parents are liable for their childrens vandelous actions... and will be the ones finacially responsible for restitution to this man. If I were their parent, 6 months in juvy or even death would be a welcome relief from my rath!!!!! One word I just don't think kids today understand, and I see it nearly every day:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I see adults being disrespected by teenagers everywhere I go. They disrespect adults at the movies, Mc Donalds, skating rinks, malls (especially at the malls), beaches, and just about everywhere I go. When was the last time you saw some little prick of a kid lip off to an adult and think to yourself "If I would have said/done that when I was his/her age, my dad/mom would have killed me!" I'll bet it wasn't that long ago.... Yesterday for me....

O.K. I'll get down from my soap box now..

One more thing!! Spank em!!! Whack em on the ass till they cry!!! Use the wooden spoon, the paddle, a belt, your hand, whatever!!! Then throw em in juvy.

Whew.... I'm worked up just typing that!!!

Amen to that 'foul!!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Griff
Damages are a civil matter unless the court imposes restitution as part of the sentence. The parents aren't getting sentenced, so they are not necessarily liable. Chances are their homeowners insurance would also cover the damage caused by their brats. Laws vary state to state. There are also issues as to whether the parents were negligent in supervising the brats.
You're also assuming that the parents have any money or give a crap. Best case is parents kick the crap out of them and make them pay for the damages. Worst case is the parents don't care and and this is just another line on their criminal record.
vary state to state is true. Here in Michigan, if I did that, my parents would be paying for it one way or another.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:18 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Griff
Records being sealed is a myth. Your criminal record is their forever.

As far as prison. For a $5000 destruction of property, State prison--maybe but doubtful. Federal Prison-never.
If these kids did everything this guy says they did, it must not have been that much damage or the boat was a POS to begin with. Think about it, how much vandalism would have to be done to your boat to cause $5000 in damage... ripping the rails out would be a grand alone on most boats large enough to live on.

I still say beat them till they bleed from their butt cheeks!!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Griff]Records being sealed is a myth. Your criminal record is their forever.

Not true. Sealed means it's sealed from anyone unless court ordered.
Youthful Offenders are allways sealed.
In N.Y. parents are always liable unless emancipated.

And if the parents don't have two nickels to rub against one-another, the satisfaction of holding someone accountable will have to be enough.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:55 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Individual court documents/actual case file may be sealed, but it will still show up on your criminal record as a conviction or in our city/county computer system in will say "found"

Technically juveniles are adjudicated not convicted.

Quick Reply: Homework Leads Police To Boat Vandals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.