Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Got my new insurance quote, Want to buy a Motion? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98145-got-my-new-insurance-quote-want-buy-motion.html)

Harper220 03-13-2005 10:09 PM

Re: Got my new insurance quote, Want to buy a Motion?

Originally Posted by Sean H
plenty of cats having problems at LOTO... morgan's kid flipped/rolled his doing "50" :rolleyes: the HTM that blew over at the shootout two years ago... been a couple of others go for a ride lately down there... saw some running fast this weekend... man that wanted me to get the boat on the water.... but nope, my layup says may 1 :rolleyes:

I saw the HTM accident, wow :eek: but hadn't heard of any others. I don't imagine that guy was covered due to it being race related, unless he made special arrangements.

Morgan, as in Bob Morgan's son? 50 mph? What the heck was he doing? :rolleyes:

Sean H 03-13-2005 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Harper220
I saw the HTM accident, wow :eek: but hadn't heard of any others. I don't imagine that guy was covered due to it being race related, unless he made special arrangements.

Morgan, as in Bob Morgan's son? 50 mph? What the heck was he doing? :rolleyes:

he said he hit a cruiser wake at 50 in his 28 skater and it rolled on him.... rob has way too much experience for me to believe that... i heard rumors he was running double that over the cruiser wakes... but they are just rumors, doesn't matter either way, he still ended upside down ......

Harper220 03-13-2005 10:15 PM

May 1 layup, ouch! I had the Daytona out 2 or 3 diff weekends by then last year... I bet that made you jumpy seeing the others out playing this weekend. I plan on getting down at least once in April, depends on how the weather plays out? I've got my fingers crossed... :D

Sean H 03-13-2005 10:19 PM

i hope its cold next month.... :D doesn't really bother me that much, i never end up getting all the toys in the water till around may anyway...

Harper220 03-13-2005 10:27 PM

Funny :D I'll be thinking about ya when it's 70+ degs. and I'm ripping around. I'll be sure to do a drive by. :D

LubeJobs42 03-14-2005 06:18 AM

When you get your Annual premium that is for "365 days". Wounldn't it be nice if you could have fire and theft all the time which is reasonable and then pay liability for the days you use the boat. If your premium is $12, 866 for 365 days that's $35.25 per day. But if we paid for actual time. 52 weekends (usually boat is broken at least one weekend per month) = 40 weekends (80 days). Then maybe 1 weekday every other week (way more then I use it)=26 days = 106 days. Which is $121.38 per day. I don't mind paying, this is an expensive hobby. What kills me is when the boat is down for weeks at a time getting work done or 4 rainy weekends in a row and you pay all this money for nothing. It would be nice if you could pay for what you use. I know i'm dreaming but this would be great.

Sean H 03-14-2005 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Harper220
Funny :D I'll be thinking about ya when it's 70+ degs. and I'm ripping around. I'll be sure to do a drive by. :D

18MM across from backwater jacks.... drive by and i will be the one flipping ya off..... :evilb:

SLINGSHOT 03-14-2005 08:06 AM

5500 to fully in sure my bourgets...(60k) so its all realtive

fund razor 03-14-2005 09:01 AM

What this thread needs is Geno's stepmom to chime in saying that he can afford it and that he is just complaining.:D

Couldn't resist Geno. Don't be mad. :D

Griff 03-14-2005 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Sean H
he said he hit a cruiser wake at 50 in his 28 skater and it rolled on him.... rob has way too much experience for me to believe that... i heard rumors he was running double that over the cruiser wakes... but they are just rumors, doesn't matter either way, he still ended upside down ......

was there even a claim on this??? I thought they had it flipped back over and running by the end of the same day. I don't recall any injuries either.