Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Murray SC question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98223-lake-murray-sc-question.html)

GQ 03-13-2005 12:33 PM

Lake Murray SC question

I recently moved to the area (Lexington/378 side). Where are the best boat ramps located? I have a couple small marinas nearby and the public ramp is down a back-road but seems to be mostly bass boats. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks but plan on putting a 28' boat in. Is the dam the best location? What hazards are at the ramps? The last thing I need to do is something stupid and end up as a thread on OSO!

Thanks!

superwrench0166 03-13-2005 02:59 PM

Re: Lake Murray SC question

welcome to SC check out lakemurray.com i am sure mrs wigginitout will give you some good info and a few others on here there is two good marina's i here up around the irmo side from the damn they supposed to be the better ramps

clearcut3 03-13-2005 03:48 PM

PM board member Jan and ask him. He can tell you the best ramps on the Lexington side to launch from. I could tell you on the Chapin/Irmo/Newberry side but I haven't launched anything on the Lexington side in awhile.

The dam may be OK during the week but that place is a zoo loaded with weekend wally's on the weekends and the summer.

Welcome to the neighborhood :drink:

Phantom1 03-13-2005 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GQ
I recently moved to the area (Lexington/378 side). Where are the best boat ramps located? I have a couple small marinas nearby and the public ramp is down a back-road but seems to be mostly bass boats. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks but plan on putting a 28' boat in. Is the dam the best location? What hazards are at the ramps? The last thing I need to do is something stupid and end up as a thread on OSO!

Thanks!

I think you will find that most of the Lake Murray OSO crowd prefers Lighthouse Marina (including myself). The Poker Run is soon, and I'm sure you will meet everyone then. Welcome to Lake Murray.

Watch for me in my 30' Phantom.

GQ 03-13-2005 03:55 PM

Thanks for the welcome and input! I had a feeling the dam area was overloaded. I'm hoping to put in on the Lexington side as seems it takes longer to get around the lake versus riding in a boat across.....

R Addiction 03-13-2005 05:05 PM

Phantom, i'm making the trek down with my AT. Looking forward to it. See you there :D

Jan 03-13-2005 05:12 PM

GQ, welcome to Lexington. I live off of 378 down Wise Ferry Rd (about 2miles from Ben Satcher Ford). The Best Landing is Koon Landing down Shore road. It has 2 wide ramps and deep water. The problem is if you get there past 11:00 am on Sat. mornings parking gets rare. The same can be said of Light House Marina on the Irmo side, just not enough parking.

Give me a call at work and I can answer any questions about the area.

803-345-4706 wk.

Jan

Wardey 03-13-2005 07:25 PM

I'll be there Sunday the 20 Th. to do the Pre-Run !!!! Dave Warden

GQ 03-13-2005 08:06 PM

Nice looking boat Phantom. Can't wait to see it in person and hope to make the poker run. We'll see how the work schedule goes...

Jan --- I'll try to give you a call this week. I'm just a couple miles further out. Thanks for the info on ramps. Looks like I'll just have to get up early on Saturdays!

jtmiller02 03-13-2005 11:24 PM

Welcome to the neighborhood, I live downtown @ school during the cold months, and Myrtle Beach in the summers. Where is Cat? I can't believe she hasn't chimed in yet to welcome you...I'm sure if she sees this message in the AM she will fill you in on all the happenings. There is a pretty good crowd from Lake Murray on here.