Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any OSO Members in Fort Myers??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98246-any-oso-members-fort-myers.html)

Scarabdude 03-13-2005 07:42 PM

Any OSO Members in Fort Myers???

Haven't seen many high performance boats around. Any OSO members from or around Fort Myers? I'm looking to meet some local boaters who know the waters.

salesmanship 03-14-2005 07:32 AM

Re: Any OSO Members in Fort Myers???

Is that you in the 38 with the orange and yellow at the rear?

tommymonza 03-14-2005 11:40 AM

I,m from Naples-Bonita Springs,know my way around about every where.Was that you at Parrot Key restaurant on Sunday?Where do you want to go and what do you want to see,i'll get back to you.

Maritime_Eng 03-14-2005 11:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am in the process of moving down to Cape Coral. My boat is already down on my parents lift. It you see this boat before May 1st it will be my dad driving other wise it will be me. Do you know how hard it is to have your dad call you up while he is out on your boat and you are in the frozen Wastland? I guess that is the price I pay to use his lift while he is looking for a new boat. I look forward to metting you all.

Don

salesmanship 03-14-2005 12:36 PM

I saw that boat out last Sunday. The guy was driving the @#$* out of it! :D

dyno 03-14-2005 12:58 PM

Just got back from there had a great time without the boat :( Member DanB lives down there.

Maritime_Eng 03-14-2005 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship
I saw that boat out last Sunday. The guy was driving the @#$* out of it! :D

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. That just made my day.
It wouldn't suprise me, My father is 50 going on 20. It would just be pay back for all the years I took out my parents boat. :D
He did tell me that he was out on Sunday with it and saw a nortech that was running well. He wanted to run with you , but you can't take a knife to a gun fight..........

Wildman1 03-14-2005 05:21 PM

Wildman1 is in Cape Coral. Have the townhouse off County Club blvd right down the Rubton Canal. The place to go is Rum Runners over by Cape Harbor. You better get there early as there is limit parking for go=fast boats. All the pea-shooter(25ft and below) are taking up the parking spaces. Another good place is the Leaping Lizard on Cape Coral Parkway right after you come over Cape Coral bridge. Its on the right side of the roadway. Only problem you have to go by land. Plenty of action at the Leaping Lizard. Still looking for the hot spot for the good looking chicks but on the next trip I will have it figure out. The wife thought she had me trap over on the west coast as I want to buy over in Ft. Lauderdale so I could go to Shooters for the cocktail hour plus the good looking babes. Just happen to be everyone is moving to ourside now so I am going to get my cake and eat it to.

Ben@SRP 03-14-2005 07:16 PM

I'm in Cape Coral during the week, and some weekends too. The boating is great down here and as has been mentioned, Rum Runners and Leaping Lizards are both cool. Also great on the water is Pincher's Crab Shack in North Ft. Myers on the River by the 41 Bridge. Good food, and decent docking. If you like hot wings or hot shrimp, ask for the "painful" sauce. I really like hot sauce and it is HOT!!!

pasunbum 03-14-2005 08:48 PM

going to be the new guy in town, love the fort lauderdale side but the prices of waterfront and what you get are to much.... we are closing on april 15 th. on a corner lot in cape coral . 310 ft. sea wall and two docks , one has a lift and may put a lift back in the second dock that was removed for a larger boat. will be looking to rent the docks out.... and bring my 04 top gun down next fall from here from pa.for one of them.... we have a lot to learn for boating this side and learn the places to go... may have to open our own place like shooters on the gulf side....any info on where to hang out with and meet fellow go fast boaters would be great to here from you....