Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Clear Lake Boating (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98250-clear-lake-boating.html)

tomtbone1993 03-14-2005 10:32 PM

Re: Clear Lake Boating

Originally Posted by FeverFan
That ain't a lake, it's a pond!!! ;) :drink:

atleast its a fresh water pond :D if i don't sell my Sea Ray quick I am going to move it to Clear lake

FeverFan 03-15-2005 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by TheDingy
Exactly! Plus this kills the idea of taking the go fast down to the sport fish :-D

Well, if there is a realtor around that can find some thing, I will give you our specs, we have been searching around har etc. we haven't signed a buyers agreement yet.

1. 3-4k sqft.
2. Channel or clear lake access nothing on the bay directly.
3. 400-500k range, any more and I am taking budget from the boat LOL
4. Built within the last 5 years, idealy we would find something that either is ready for sheet rock within the next week or so, or even sheet rock hung.
5. 3 bedrooms minimum with a hobby room or a 4th bedroom minimum.
6. Must be able to own my own boat lift and boat dock.
7. Must have some yard, enough that a couple of large dogs can run around.
8. Two car garage or better.
9. Must be free standing, no town homes.

Thats all guys, thanks for your help.

There is a new street going in on the south side of the lake, it is on a channel. Not sure on how big a dock you can put in. I think the lots start around the 150 to 200 range. So I think you can get in a new house for 400-500K, if you want to go that route. Good luck!

What part of town do you live now?

TheDingy 03-15-2005 08:20 AM

TopSpin: That is the scarb in question, great pictures the new street that I have found is on Lake Cove as well. We looked for a couple of hours last night and there are only four homes, one on Taylor lake and three on Lake Cove LOL the one on Taylor neither of us like. Currently we live in Hillshire Village area.

FeverFan 03-15-2005 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The new street is on the other side of the channel Davis Rd is on. (see map)

I think it is an extention of Constellation Blvd.

TheDingy 03-15-2005 08:46 AM

Thanks for the information Feaver, I just checked on har and the only home currently on the market is 800k I will drive down there this afternoon. The only thing with it just being a lot is we are about a year out, and neither of us want to wait... Impatient I know...

Dueclaws 03-15-2005 09:07 AM

Which house on Taylor Lake did you tour? I know of two for sale, but one is older than 4-5 years. It's getting difficult to find anything for less than 500,000. You might consider an older/remodeled home too (newer isn't always better IMHO). Our home is older, but it's been remodeled/updated 6 times (it's not for sale).

Ernie is correct about Timber Cove, that area has low spots. The east, south, north sides of Taylor have higher elevation.

TheDingy 03-15-2005 09:25 AM

Dueclaws, it was the one on Seabrook Island, it was at the 550k mark, but we don't care for the home's floor plan or the builder that originally built it. We already have an older/remodeled home, and don't feel like dealing with two homes that are needing maint. so for this, it is a new home only! I know it is hard to find stuff under 500k, but that is where it is at right now, it is hard enough convincing the other half to go that far south.

Also the constelation point, we did look there last weekend, everything is 6-7 months out minimum, more likely a year or so.

krakmeup 03-15-2005 09:31 AM

Look down Davis Road - several houses in your criteria I believe.....

Dueclaws 03-15-2005 09:34 AM

I know of a custom home for sale that's in the 600's; it's FSBO and about 4-5 years old (not listed on HAR). Maybe you can make an offer? Never know.
Send me an email if you're interested.
Due

TheDingy 03-15-2005 10:44 AM

Due what is your email address?