Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Average Boater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98310-average-boater.html)

Formula Outlaw 03-15-2005 06:47 AM

Re: Average Boater

1 Attachment(s)
One thing I like about my average 311 "Formy" is I've seen damn few 16 year old boats that look like this. Cuda's 302 is in the same shape.

The few I have seen that are close are displaying the "Thunderbird"....

CigDaze 03-15-2005 07:31 AM

Just another average guy here.
:)

ratman 03-15-2005 08:25 AM

too old is far from an average boater... average boaters eat at BK they dont own da joint, sheeesh. don't know if im an average boater 1979 35ft mistress 22k. its an older boat but in puzz cond, but on the other hand 1000hp blower motors are above average. i think anyone with a hipo boat is more than an average boater.

Tim G. 03-15-2005 08:27 AM

FO-
Why did you paint a Chevy Van on the side of your boat?? :rolleyes:

ScottB 03-15-2005 08:36 AM

Average here, if it wasn't for spending every waking second outside of work trying to court sponsors, I couldn't afford to own my little 24 Pantera let alone race it.

fund razor 03-15-2005 10:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
Who boats for the passion and not because it's the flavor of the week? I know that there is atleast one out there...

Ok... you got me. I am the lowest dollar show on Lake Erie.
I just love to be on the water.

Truck: 94 GMC :cool:
Boat: 87 Chris Craft :D
House: Bad neighborhood. :eek:

I may be the last one to get back from the poker run, but I'm the first one to uncover my boat every day and get out there.

BURNSMAZZ 03-15-2005 10:36 AM

Hey Razor don't put those Put n Bay pictures up like that, it's killin me! :drink:

fund razor 03-15-2005 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry man....

:D

pullmytrigger 03-15-2005 01:40 PM

I am SO average around here.......1989 29ft boat (ok 27-28) paid for that Im slowly going through, 1994 truck paid for that Im slowly going through, 1500sqft house 30 yrs old that Im slowly going through.......notice a trend??? :D :D
But hey Im on the water with a pretty decent boat and can get there pretty reliably(couldnt always say that).....no big trips to the south in the winter ....no snobiles either......got OSO!!!.......would have been A HELL of alot better off financially if I didnt have to pay off so many women but then I wouldnt have the jewel of a woman I have now....its all good!!!!!............doug

CObarry 03-15-2005 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Three week long trips a summer. Usually stay six days plus a day on each end for travel. 10 - 11 hour drive depending on traffic and pit stops!! :D

Sounds like us....5-6 trips a year from Colorado, 11-12 hours each way.... :eek: Most of our friends think we're nuts (we probably are), but I enjoy being on the open road, and there is NO place like LOTO. If I could find a way to move up out of the average category, I'd get a pilot's license and buy a Cessna 182 or equivalent. Then it would only be a 4 hour trip... :cool: