Notices

Average Boater

Old 03-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Average Boater

LOTO's definitely one of the stops for this year. (Along with Put In Bay and maybe Thousand Islands, and more) Heard Troutly is considering a place there. Maybe we should meet him down there and help him pick out a spot...you know, so we all have room to dock, etc. when we go down there.
Originally Posted by CObarry
Sounds like us....5-6 trips a year from Colorado, 11-12 hours each way.... Most of our friends think we're nuts (we probably are), but I enjoy being on the open road, and there is NO place like LOTO. If I could find a way to move up out of the average category, I'd get a pilot's license and buy a Cessna 182 or equivalent. Then it would only be a 4 hour trip...
Old 03-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tim G.
FO-
Why did you paint a Chevy Van on the side of your boat??
So people would think it's shiny, duhhhh.....

Then if there's a Ford van parked across the way, I just tell them it's "flip flop" paint....
Old 03-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dukenrock
LOTO's definitely one of the stops for this year. (Along with Put In Bay and maybe Thousand Islands, and more) Heard Troutly is considering a place there. Maybe we should meet him down there and help him pick out a spot...you know, so we all have room to dock, etc. when we go down there.
We actually have a house there near the 7 MM. If you're interested in hooking up sometime send me a PM. We'll be down the next 2 weekends; our Formula gets delivered on 3/25!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

I was following your thread on the new boat. Congrats. I'm sure you;ll love it. LOTO is on the list this year. My wife has family in St. Loius and we've already promised the trip. I'll look you up when I'm there. Hope you get a chance to run the boat this weekend. maybe you can get some sleep after that!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just another average boater checking in with my 01 dodge pulling my 1987 Formula 242 . We go out every weekend with alot of friends it`s all about the fun. I went up to GL`s fun run had a great time and meet a lot of OSO`ers some with big dollar boats all of them willing to show you. It`s all about being out on the water, my wife says "size doesn`t matter"
Old 03-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes average, don't even have boat yet still working on that one lol.
2 year old home, new car, and truck, and no toy's at all. Selling house also taxes insurance etc same old chit. The best part is going to have first kid in Nov. but thats all good. Troutly said it right hope we can not have day care rather be there then someone else. been to smoke on the water 3 years in a roll and love it. just from shore one time waterfoul took us out but the water pump belt blow the thought that counts. Be on fast boats but all friends or people from this site which are kind enough to let me come with. i will still dream chit thats all i got right now
Old 03-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

Average? What do you call average? If you mean average size boat, then that's me! I have a 22-foot bowrider. How's that for average?

If you mean average lifestyle... I have a boat, a truck, a Harley, and I live in a one-bedroom apartment. I love my job and I enjoy my free time with friends.

However, most avid boaters would consider themselves above "average". We enjoy a lifestyle that the majority of people will never know or understand. I can't imagine a summer without a boat. Man! What would I do???

I love boating and I love OSO!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BobbyB
Hey Bryan we know you have all the cash

Smart Azz!!!

Average meaning down to earth. I guess I was venting because of a couple of instances that displayed the idea, "If it aint worth a half mil, why bother?"

I was looking forward to getting these responses. Just goes to show that we are the majority.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:39 PM
Registered

Average here........89' baja 265 force................always looking to move up to a cigarette, can any one help?????????
Old 03-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Average guy, average truck, average boats (but I LOVE 'em), above-average wife! Beautiful, talented and loves to go boating almost EVERY weekend of the year. Over 200 hours last year, ans she's with me just about 100% of the time!
Attached Thumbnails Average Boater-hpim0820.jpg  

Quick Reply: Average Boater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.