Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Konrad Conversion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98349-konrad-conversion.html)

Lofty 03-15-2005 12:27 AM

Re: Konrad Conversion

3 Attachment(s)
Make sure to keep the wires and hydraulic lines clear and free when mating the assembly up. I stuffed those trim wires from post 12 inside the exhaust port. As you can see you need to carfully route the hydraulic lines. I forgot to mention earlier but I had to rotate and bend the lines on the inside of the manifold to make them clear the exhaust port.

Lofty 03-15-2005 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a slip of paper and folded it to check that the exhaust flange and gimbal housing didn't have an interference problem. I checked this repeatadle while I torqued the nuts down. I didn't want anything to bind, bend or crack. That, would suck!

It's hard to see in this pic, sorry. I'll try and get some better ones to post up.

MrCIG 03-15-2005 07:57 AM

Keep em coming looking good.

Mark

redfountain420s 03-15-2005 08:03 AM

Lofty looks great, i sure wish i was doing konrads, but my trs's will have to do for now . that steak did look good

Lofty 03-15-2005 09:31 AM

The steak was tasty!

redfountain, you can add the Konrads on anytime. Let me know when you're ready and I'll give you a great deal on a set. I'm documenting this whole re-rig so I should be able to answere any install ??? anyone has.

MrCIG 03-15-2005 11:44 PM

What happen did you take a day off? :D

Mark

Lofty 03-16-2005 05:08 PM

Yikes! You got me :D

I'll post some more when I get in tonight.

MrCIG 03-17-2005 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lofty
Yikes! You got me :D

I'll post some more when I get in tonight.

Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Mark

Lofty 03-17-2005 11:31 PM

Bro!!! You are a BALL BUSTER!!! Ok. I'm on hold for my new steering system from Warlock Performance Marine. We're doing a full hydraulic helm with two pumps. Warlock is the best at making up these systems but you need to measure everything! They build all the lines to order and offer the best system overall. I should have most of the system by Monday so I can't do much until then.

Just like Konrad, Warlock engineers everything to fit the first time with no dicking around. I'll give you the full run down with that system also.

Just wait till you see the motors I'm planting in this beach!!! :evilb:

Poorsche 03-18-2005 12:30 AM

Thanks for this posting--I'm doing the Konrad conversion next winter. You should make a deal with Konrad so they provide all your documentation with enw drives. I'd pay for it if I could all that with new drives.