Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where do you buy your gas.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98362-where-do-you-buy-your-gas.html)

BillR 03-15-2005 12:42 PM

Re: Where do you buy your gas....

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
... But certain people don't want us to disturb the caribou in the Arctic wildlife preserve... which.... contains as much oil as all of Iraq....

They're called democrats! They won't allow us to build more refineries, they won't allow us to drill; but they are the first ones to claim that Bush won't do anything about the oil/price situation. Vote these azzholes out of office!!!

Formula Outlaw 03-15-2005 02:52 PM

Oh grand master of the "nooky", could not agree more.....

Sean H 03-15-2005 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
All the estimates I've seen from the Petroleum Geologists say no more than 6-9 months of oil from the ANWR. If you have solid evidence to the contrary please post it.

Doesn't it make sense to increase the fuel efficiency of our vehicles? Is anybody really AGAINST that(other than bu$h/Cheney)? Raising the CAFE standards for cars and SUVs will save fuel for our BOATS!! If we move toward more and better hybrid technology and rid the roads of those gas hog SUVs we boaters will benefit.

My .02

so you get to say what i drive... :rolleyes:

Dono 03-15-2005 08:30 PM

Raising the CAFE standards for cars and SUVs will save fuel for our BOATS!! If we move toward more and better hybrid technology and rid the roads of those gas hog SUVs we boaters will benefit.

My .02[/QUOTE]

How are we supposed to get our boat to the lake? :rolleyes:

Sean H 03-15-2005 08:31 PM

democrats won't stop with land vehicles.... they will go for the boats next if you let them have the suv's.... just a matter of time...

Gilman 03-15-2005 08:47 PM

All the estimates I've seen from the Petroleum Geologists say no more than 6-9 months of oil from the ANWR. If you have solid evidence to the contrary please post it.[QUOTE]

Heard there was at least 30 years worth just yesterday. Will see if I can find it.

ofshore 03-15-2005 09:10 PM

I vote to fire up the drill rigs, I like burning gas I just don't like paying for it. :D

ANWR is a remote 19-million acre area above the Arctic Circle in the northeast corner of Alaska. Of these 19 million acres, 9.5 are designated as a wildlife area with strict prohibitions against development. Eight million acres are a wilderness area with even stricter limits. The remaining 1.5 million acres, according to the US Geological Survey (USGS), could contain as much as 16 billion barrels of oil - enough oil to replace all Saudi Arabian imports for 30 years.

Reed Jensen 03-15-2005 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by ofshore
I vote to fire up the drill rigs, I like burning gas I just don't like paying for it. :D

. The remaining 1.5 million acres, according to the US Geological Survey (USGS), could contain as much as 16 billion barrels of oil - enough oil to replace all Saudi Arabian imports for 30 years.

That is what I have heard........... :mad: ... And yet we keep getting bent over by the towel heads..... :mad:

Iggy 03-16-2005 04:53 AM

They may not be importing from the middle east, but they still have to buy it from OPEC. And in OPEC everyone shares the profit.
The only real way to boycott is to totally boycott. Don't buy one drop for a few months. But then that's impossible.
All I can do is drive a litle slower, little smarter, combine as many trips as possible, and don't drive on the weekends.

Titan 03-16-2005 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by BillR
They're called democrats! They won't allow us to build more refineries, they won't allow us to drill; but they are the first ones to claim that Bush won't do anything about the oil/price situation. Vote these azzholes out of office!!!

Bill
I am with you 100% man. Unfortunatly I live in NY were we even let women who don't want to keep their husbands entertained, and then ***** about it. Go home Hillary!!!!!