Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sarasota, you ready? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98467-sarasota-you-ready.html)

Shane 04-03-2005 09:37 AM

Re: Sarasota, you ready?

If those photos are not inspiration to work more nothing is! :cool:

birdog 04-03-2005 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
we get into a rough section of the intercoastal and bye bye, like they say size does matter. this is what we hit in the rough stuff

"Rough" ?....Intercoastal ? Sarasota Bay ?....You are kidding ? Right ?
You guys were just talking about 32 foot Cats being the ****z at 100 mph in 5-8 s......What ? :D :D :evilb:

CigBoat 04-04-2005 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by birdog
"Rough" ?....Intercoastal ? Sarasota Bay ?....You are kidding ? Right ?
You guys were just talking about 32 foot Cats being the ****z at 100 mph in 5-8 s......What ? :D :D :evilb:

Hey Dog you think it was anywhere near as big as the water was out in the Gulf when we were out there with the Bullet and the Gun crushin them when the marine report actually called for 7-9's unlike this past Saturday and they were only calling them 6-8's. I rember comming back into the bay that day and thinking how nice it was to have it calm so we could open them up!! :evilb:

KingDonzi 04-04-2005 07:29 PM

I never made it over. Did Lubejobs ever make it? I don't see it in any of the pictures. I know they worked through the night all week to get it done.

BigSilverCat 04-04-2005 08:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
we are finally on our way home, we had to stop by chief engines in ft lauderdale and pick up some kinsler air horns for the truck ( see attached pic)

LubeJobs42 04-04-2005 10:13 PM

Sarasota was a disappointment! Even though Saturdays run was canceled it was still a great time. There were some beautiful boats there. Fort Myers is in 3 weeks!

ApachePete 04-04-2005 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by BAJABOAT
Hey Dog you think it was anywhere near as big as the water was out in the Gulf when we were out there with the Bullet and the Gun crushin them when the marine report actually called for 7-9's unlike this past Saturday and they were only calling them 6-8's. I rember comming back into the bay that day and thinking how nice it was to have it calm so we could open them up!! :evilb:

Actually, it was 10's to 12's.

Formula Outlaw 04-05-2005 08:00 AM

Was talking to someone working a charter fishing boat Saturday and she said it was horrendous out there. Waves easily 12 ft. and everyone except for the Captain and two crew ended up getting seasick. They came in four hours early. This was a 65 ft. vessel.