Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/98563-what-f-%5E%25-happened-gas-prices-today.html)

Beak Boater 03-17-2005 07:13 PM

Re: What the F&^% happened to GAS prices today!?!?!?!?

Originally Posted by craig223
I paid $2.049 for diesel today. Someone told me that diesel gets cheaper in the summertime. Is that true???

Craig..thats better than this side of the river. $2.24 for diesel in MD. Gas going up, diesel going up, now all we need is for beer to go up!!!!

RLW 03-17-2005 07:19 PM

A year from now, you will think the current pricing is a bargain.
Excuse me, my Ramen noodles are done cooking. :cool:

OldSchool 03-17-2005 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Craig..thats better than this side of the river. $2.24 for diesel in MD. Gas going up, diesel going up, now all we need is for beer to go up!!!!

It's kind of weird Randy, I saw it for $2.429 about 1 mile down the road!!! :eek: The price of diesel seems to be all over the place. On the other hand, I'm spending 30-40 dollars less per week on fuel with the new truck! :drink: :drink: Technically, that makes my beer free. :drink: :drink:

otis311 03-17-2005 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by craig223
I paid $2.049 for diesel today. Someone told me that diesel gets cheaper in the summertime. Is that true???

$2.43 AND $88.00 dollars later I have a full truck. $2.04 is pretty damned good. Yes, diesel does go down in price after the home heating season is over.

X-Rated30 03-17-2005 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by mikes280
...i voted for BUSH BUT I AM NOT HAPPY WITH HIM NOW ...

Yeah, but who could have seen this coming...Oil companies getting rich under Bush!?! :rolleyes:
Enjoy!!! :D :D :D

mwdill 03-17-2005 09:10 PM

i was told by a station owner (of the middle eastern origin) that he only makes .03 cents on a gallon of gas, :rolleyes:

Sean H 03-17-2005 09:15 PM

gas stations aren't the ones getting rich, they are making money, but i don't worry about them as much because they have to make sure that their prices are in line with the guy down the street and across the intersection... don't get me wrong, i don't feel sorry for them either, i know a couple of people who own or are in partnerships that own stations and they are making a decent living, but not anymore than any other well run business.... it is the guys pumping the oil (do you think it cost twice as much to pump it out of the ground than it did two years ago?) and importing/refining the oil that are walking away with the big coin....

GLH 03-17-2005 09:17 PM

I can't control it so what does biatching about it going to accomplish...

Just have to be more creative to afford hauling rear end on the Lake... cause that ain;t stopping anytime soon.

Donzi Corleone 03-17-2005 09:30 PM

I'm just boating a little les these days..The gas,insurance all are frickin off the charts, but I love my boat so Oh'well. I just tell everyone if the day aint picture perfect I'm not launching. I used to boat on cloudy windy days, but with these expences adding up screw it. I want my monies worth now when on the water.

AIR TIME 03-17-2005 11:33 PM

we are getting screwed ,and I voted for bush cause I put some custom carpets in his daddy's house up in maine :D